Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightGear 2.6 Rotates With Many Changes

Phoronix: FlightGear 2.6 Rotates With Many Changes

FlightGear, a leading open-source flight simulator, has hit a major milestone with the release this week of FlightGear 2.6 and the many improvements it brings to free software flying...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I must say, I do appreciate the title.

FlyingIsFun1217

Comment

"As a pilot myself" - what planes did you fly?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        "As a pilot myself" - what planes did you fly?
        I fly single-engine props (namely the DA-40 is my favorite) and helicopters still in training whenever time allows.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I fly single-engine props (namely the DA-40 is my favorite) and helicopters still in training whenever time allows.
          Congrats mate, that's a cool & refreshing hobby! I thought your only hobby is German beer

Comment

Interesting title. Personally, I would have gone with "FlightGear 2.6 Drops," ready for landing!

Comment

How about adding FlightGear to your test suite

About the only thing I do that is really GPU intensive is flying my FlightGear P-51D. So when I look at your GPU tests the results are somewhat meaningless as one of the few questions that I want answered about video cards on Linux is "How well does this card do with FlightGear?"

The next FlightGear release (2.8) with optional Rembrant support is going to really push video cards with all of the eye candy turned up. How about adding FlightGear to your test suite so that us open source flight simmers will know which video card is the likely first choice for our next upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by hvengel View Post
                How about adding FlightGear to your test suite so that us open source flight simmers will know which video card is the likely first choice for our next upgrade?
                I need either someone to send me a test profile for it or at the very least tell me / document how FlightGear can be run in a fully automated demo/performance-testing mode with options for setting any resolution/IQ settings from the command line and to exit gracefully upon completion of the test.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                X