Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scias
    replied
    Oil Rush is a really good game, worth its price for me.
    Games like this having decent graphics and perfect finishing are sadly so rare on Linux...

However, even if the gameplay is interesting and unique, it's not that addicting. The story mode is too short for now, I hope it will get completed in further updates.
    But overall, I don't regret having bought and played it.

Thank you Unigine team for making a so great quality engine and game for Linux !

(PS: Runs fine here on Arch x64, NVIDIA GTX 550 with 80 FPS all settings maxed (binary blob ofc.))
    Last edited by Scias; 02 February 2012, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    i already use the PCIe2.0 option.
    and i don't believe in any VLIW card to improve the shader compiler problem.

to the best option is pushing Bridgman to work faster on hd7950 support hahaha LOL..
    I wasn't speaking of using that option. Just look at the charts to see that you could get a 50-100% speed boost by choosing a faster card. Whether that would translate to the Unigine engine or be fast enough, i don't know.

Leave a comment:

• benmoran
    replied
    Originally posted by guepe View Post
    My best suggestion is to use the binary blob. At least test, you will be surprised how it flies compared to open source one.
    Not an option for a lot of people. The binary driver is garbage everywhere except 3D and PM, so it's better to have poor game performance than unstable and poor overall system performance.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    i tested 1.02 now it works fine with the radeon r600g driver but only 13fps. on my hd4770

any suggestions for a new card? they should work faster on the hd7950 opensource driver
    Well, judging by this article: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...cie_gen2&num=2

the 4890 or 6900 series would probably give you a decent sized boost. Although maybe still not enough to be playable.

In the short term, your best bet is probably using the binary drivers.

Leave a comment:

• guepe
    replied
    My best suggestion is to use the binary blob. At least test, you will be surprised how it flies compared to open source one.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Keep in mind that if you're using a composited environment, it usually unredirects fullscreen windows. This does not happen if you're running the game in a window, and that can be a considerable performance hit.
    Yes, though I actually turned that option off on the Xfce compositer as I actually got a more stable FPS with compositing on. I do not know why, but that was the case. So it is not all cut and dry.

I also have a copy of good old Blackbox installed so that I can play games without anything else in the background. But that is probably just because I personally still have a strong affinity for that environment. And my CPU is not the strongest in the world either.

There is also an interesting project called XGamer which will basically do what I do above by loading games in their own separate Openbox session, leaving your own desktop isolated in the background. May sound like a bit of a hack, but it is actually kind of fun to use.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Originally posted by frustum View Post
    Thanks guys for the support. Both issues are fixed. The updated game will be available soon. I hope it helps to improve open source driver implementations.
    Any plans when unigine heaven will be updated?

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    Plus you can also just run it windowed, and get around all of the associated graphical problems.
    Keep in mind that if you're using a composited environment, it usually unredirects fullscreen windows. This does not happen if you're running the game in a window, and that can be a considerable performance hit.

Leave a comment:

• benmoran
    replied
    Originally posted by elect View Post
    Ps: where do you guys see the fps?
    You have to enable it under Options. It's the last tab, I think.

Leave a comment:

• elect
    replied
    Installed and run... it worked like a charm

Ubuntu 11.04 and 560 Ti, Nvidia drivers..

Ps: where do you guys see the fps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X