No announcement yet.

Unigine OilRush Officially Ships Today For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for the support. Both issues are fixed. The updated game will be available soon. I hope it helps to improve open source driver implementations.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      If I'm understanding everything correctly. Hopefully that's ready in Mesa 8.1
      No. Unigine apps don't use the GLSL preprocessor directive #version, so they are stuck with GLSL 1.1 no matter what. (Anyway I'll try to update them to newer versions and see if anything changes)
      Last edited by marek; 26 January 2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frustum View Post
        Thanks guys for the support. Both issues are fixed. The updated game will be available soon. I hope it helps to improve open source driver implementations.
        Great, thank you. BTW any chance the demos (Sanctuary, Tropics, Heaven etc...) could be fixed too in next release?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          this has nothing to do with the open source driver implementation. and it does not help to improve the drivers.
          Why not? If Unigine stuff runs now without crashing on them, it can possibly be used to test driver features etc.

Comment

The Unigine folks are great:
            Originally posted by Oil Rush 1.01
            Changes from 1.0:

* Fixed memory leak induced crashes.
            * Fixed loading saved settings by the launcher.
            * Better compatibility with Mesa on Linux (improved support of open source video drivers).
            * Steam overlay notifications are moved to the left bottom corner.
            * Changed default video mode to fullscreen with native screen resolution in Steam version.
            * Fixed sound on/off logic.
            * Fixed minor GUI layout problems in Russian version.
            * Slightly increased level loading speed.

Comment

Okay then... My next purchase in Desura :-)

Comment

On the latest open source drivers, Oil Rush gets about 16-20fps on my HD5770. Low settings, but 1920x1080 resolution. I'm sure it would be more than playable at 720p or so.

Comment

I don't think that 20-25 fps are good for a game. Btw. you can simply change your res to 1280x720 to try it

Comment

I do not see why people think that playing at massive resolutions in games is such a big deal. Then again, I am writing this from a screen that only does 1280x1024.

In my experience, lowering the resolution does have more of an affect on performance than lowering other settings on the free drivers. Probably has something to do with CPU bottlenecks.

Comment

First of all with a tft you have to use the native res otherwise it is interpolated - thats different from a crt. That does not look good at all, but when you only want to see the impact then you can try it of course. fglrx is much faster for games usually, maybe not for the extreme simple ones michael usally tests that do not even need s3tc/float textures.

Comment

Working...
                      X