Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JanSimek
    replied
    Good job, dhewg! I cloned the git repo today and I was suprised that you didn't remove the cd key check. I don't know if you didn't do it because you just didn't think of it or because you take the same stance as the ioquake3 project. If that's the case, come on, most of us bought the game years ago in a shop or a few months ago on Steam after it was open-sourced (or both like me). This will only annoy potential testers/players and it won't bother the pirates at all.

At first I thought copying the doomkey file from my Steam installation on Windows partition to /usr/local/games/doom3/base/ would work, but it doesn't. I had to define ID_ENFORCE_KEY 0 to disable the cd key check.

Originally posted by Kalamatee View Post
    Its the doorway at the very end of that clip - it causes an exception and we don't handle it yet (I suspect Linux etc silently ignore it)
    It doesn't crash for me on my Gentoo 64-bit linux with open-source radeon driver.

Leave a comment:

• dhewg
    replied
    Its the doorway at the very end of that clip - it causes an exception and we don't handle it yet (I suspect Linux etc silently ignore it)
    Sounds strange, there's no exception I know of. Got a backtrace?

Leave a comment:

• Kalamatee
    replied
    Originally posted by dhewg View Post
    Nice, I once found a video about dhewm3 on AROS on youtube, guess that was you then?
    That's the port yes - though a friend shot that video (as you can tell it runs pretty well).

Do you mean the door where the cutscene "took you some time, marine" starts?

Leave a comment:

• dhewg
    replied
    If anyone wants to give it a try, I pushed my changes to the SDL2 wl driver to https://github.com/dhewg/libsdl, branch 'wl'.

Leave a comment:

• dhewg
    replied
    Hi Dhewg - thanks for the fantastic work. Thanks to your efforts I have managed to get it to build/run on AROS (www.aros.org), however I haven't fixed up the network code yet and it seems to crash the machine when you enter the marine camp doorway in mars city.
    Nice, I once found a video about dhewm3 on AROS on youtube, guess that was you then?

Do you mean the door where the cutscene "took you some time, marine" starts?

Leave a comment:

• dhewg
    replied
    Originally posted by asdx
    iodoom3 seems to be a nicer name, so perhaps if they could give you the name, then you don't even have to merge your efforts, they could perhaps just remove the other repos and give you the name.

Wouldn't that be a good idea? Not that dhewm3 is a bad name, your efforts are truly great and I'm really thankful for everything you've done.

Keep up the great work.
    Well, the current name doesn't bother me, and 'iodoom3' implies a connection to icculus.org.

Leave a comment:

• Kalamatee
    replied
    Hi Dhewg - thanks for the fantastic work. Thanks to your efforts I have managed to get it to build/run on AROS (www.aros.org), however I haven't fixed up the network code yet and it seems to crash the machine when you enter the marine camp doorway in mars city.

Leave a comment:

• dhewg
    replied
    The question with iodoom3 comes up every now and then, and I think nobody knows.
    Back in december, when I had the 64bit version up and running, I opened a pull request over at git.iodoom.org, but nothing ever happened.

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    funny i read iodoom3 but their git is almost inexistent, though there are many branches... i wonder what iodoom3 official git has become, Features and etc.

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    hmmm i could contact Sikk on the doom3world.org forums and ask him if he would be interested to do that based on your code.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X