Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for testers: dhewm3

Heya,

I started poking at the DOOM3 source a while ago, with no idea what I'm ending up with...
    It's still in its early stages, but I think I already got to a nice state which might be of interest of others.

So if anyone cares, I'm interested in feedback, testing, bug reports and fellow hackers to improve this code base.

Check out https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3

--dhewg

I have compiled it without problem. The game starts to it's menu.
    Sadly start a game does not work. Then i have tryed to start a map direct, that gives:

Comment

Originally posted by towo2099 View Post
      I have compiled it without problem. The game starts to it's menu.
      Sadly start a game does not work. Then i have tryed to start a map direct, that gives:

http://paste.debian.net/152268/
      Are you trying to use custom assets?
      Are all pk4 files present and up to date? See here

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        can someone explain me the strange name? "dhewm3 " ??
        Doom -> Dewm, mixed with my nick. Just because of the lack of a better name.

Comment

Originally posted by dhewg View Post
          Are you trying to use custom assets?
          Are all pk4 files present and up to date? See here
          The pk4-files came from the 3 cd set.

Edit: Now i have installed the files from patch 1.3.1 and the game seems to run now.
          Last edited by towo2099; 15 January 2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I started playing with wayland, and fixed/improved the SDL2 wayland video driver.

Since capturing videos with wl is a breeze (and we all love videos): preview

Comment

The video quality and FPS on Wayland is stunning. I have NEVER seen OpenGL-intense gaming (presumably on an open source graphics driver?!?) with such a smooth framerate on the free desktop. I think you've just hit a milestone, buddy. Major kudos to you!

I'll be trying to reproduce your results on Ivy Bridge shortly (this weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by dhewg View Post
                I started playing with wayland, and fixed/improved the SDL2 wayland video driver.

Since capturing videos with wl is a breeze (and we all love videos): preview
                What hardware were you using for this?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                  What hardware were you using for this?
                  Radeon 6850 and i5-3570K at stock clocks.

Comment

Any chance you can implemt parts of the "Sikkmod" doom3 mod ? It really pimps the graphic of the game. Sadly the mod
                    is only availible for windows right now ..

Maybe you can implemt it directly into your version or simply build the mod for Linux ?
                    This would be really fantastic !

Here is the link:

Sikkmod is a general enhancement mod for id Software's 2004 FPS: Doom 3. Its main purposes are to update visuals of Doom 3 to a more modern level and to allow the user to customize various aspects of the game to suit their preferred styles all while...

The source is included in the tarball.

Thanks a lot,
                    christiaj

Comment

Working...
                    X