Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.3.36 Brings UDisks, DIB Enhancements, Etc

Phoronix: Wine 1.3.36 Brings UDisks, DIB Enhancements, Etc

Wine 1.3.36 was released before bringing in the new year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wine Internet Explorer has really become speedy, browsing is now like ten times faster than few months ago. Also tried playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - SoC in Wine, everything just works. Nice.

Comment

WINE 1.3.36 rocks

Originally posted by Reloaded211 View Post
      Wine Internet Explorer has really become speedy, browsing is now like ten times faster than few months ago. Also tried playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - SoC in Wine, everything just works. Nice.
      Yeh

I stumbled across the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC off-screen rendering "fix" in the WINE registry (after being made aware of this new Direct3D switch - required for DX-HR).
      So now Nvidia (GPU) users get Full Dynamic Lighting support

Since the biggest Xinput2 issues are now (pretty much) fixed the game works near perfection... Surely one of the biggest bits of WINE news for a long time!!
      After all S.T.A.L.K.E.R. puts the gaming in PC Gaming!!

+1 WINE

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        sounds cool. yes Xinput2 rocks da house! i really should test stalker
        Xinput2... Uhmmm... not really!

But Full Dynamic Lighting - without any visual glitching... If you are rocking an Nvidia graphics card - then check out the AppDB page for the rendering fix I "discovered" (not taking any more credit than that)...

If only the ATI drivers weren't so ****...

Bob Wya

Comment

Oh, that's nice. AlwaysOffscreen also fixes the same problem in Clear Sky using r600g

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            Oh, that's nice. AlwaysOffscreen also fixes the same problem in Clear Sky using r600g
            Yeh I thought it would help Clear Sky as well... I wonder about Call of Pripyat (I haven't bought that -yet).

Are you using the proprietary Catalyst driver on your rig or the radeon driver?

Just installed ARCH on my laptop (with an ATI Radeon HD4650) - sticking with the radeon kernel driver obiviously (since
            Catalyst is so broken for bleeding edge distros). So I'm wondering if this game would be a goer??!! That would be awesome if it would run!!

Remember folks - to post on WineHQ AppDB if the game works for you (especially if you are using an AMD GPU)!! Community spirit and all that

Bob

Comment

I'm using r600g, the free/Mesa/Gallium3D driver (radeon is the name of the modesetting "2D" driver).

The game runs and renders fine with dynamic lightning, but it isn't fast, about 10 fps or so.

Comment

Ah cool - the progess is always up after all.
                Sorry I'm 100% geek - so I was thinking in terms of the kernel module name
                Bob

Comment

I have to point out that next version is
                  Wine 1.3.37!

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                    the Linux catalyst is called fglrx.
                    No, the "Linux catalyst" is called Catalyst, same as on Windows. It has not been officially called fglrx for years.

Comment

Working...
                    X