No announcement yet.

Unigine's Powering Another Game, Engine Enhanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see that this game is carrying on the recent trend of video games showing abso-freaking-lutely worthless trailers that don't show a single ounce of gameplay and instead just gives us some cinematics which were probably rendered by an outside firm and not even the game's engine.

Originally posted by bug77
    The setting seems completely uninspiring. Of course, that was true for the Fallout series, too, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
    Eh, it's all taste. The only reason I even tried Fallout was because of the setting. Sounded like it might be totally bad-ass. Turned out it totally was.

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
    Storytelling is nice, but what do you do with a good story? Yes, exactly, you enjoy it with your buddies.
    <sarcasm>Yeah, that Skyrim game completely flopped and didn't get 1.2 million sales just in pre-orders alone, all because I couldn't just spend the last several hours at the bar swapping stories about dungeon crawling (and not getting anything else done during the Holiday weekend) with my friends. Likewise, nobody bothered to make a sequel to Dead Space, or Dragon Age, or Force Unleashed, or Grand Theft Auto, or Bioshock, or Assassin's Creed, etc.</saracsm>

Turns out a lot of people either only like moderate multiplayer or hate multiplayer entirely. It's impossible to get friends online at the same time once you're out of college and everybody you know has jobs and families and so on, random people on the Internet are largely douchebags and are no fun to play with at all, and the gameplay relies solely on rehashing the exact same 10 minutes of content over and over and over and over and over again. Complete wastes of money, time, and mental energy, for many of us.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
      <sarcasm>Yeah, that Skyrim game completely flopped and didn't get 1.2 million sales just in pre-orders alone, all because I couldn't just spend the last several hours at the bar swapping stories about dungeon crawling (and not getting anything else done during the Holiday weekend) with my friends. Likewise, nobody bothered to make a sequel to Dead Space, or Dragon Age, or Force Unleashed, or Grand Theft Auto, or Bioshock, or Assassin's Creed, etc.</sarcasm>

Turns out a lot of people either only like moderate multiplayer or hate multiplayer entirely. It's impossible to get friends online at the same time once you're out of college and everybody you know has jobs and families and so on, random people on the Internet are largely douchebags and are no fun to play with at all, and the gameplay relies solely on rehashing the exact same 10 minutes of content over and over and over and over and over again. Complete wastes of money, time, and mental energy, for many of us.
      Agreed completely. I like playing in MMO's with friends, but getting them all on-line at the same time is next to impossible (we're all in the 30-ish range). Which means that I'm currently playing through Mass Effect, ME2, and I've got a copy of Dragon Age Origins laying around that I just got for Christmas. Multi-player with random people on the net isn't that fun, while coop/multi-player with friends can be awesome.

I just wish that *most* games with a multi-player component didn't neglect their single-player campaigns so much.

Comment

new update to cradle:
        Official page: http://cradle-game.comCradle is a science-fiction first-person quest with freedom of movement. The story is built around the relations of the ...

Comment

Sounds like some one doesn't have real-life statistics.

I can tell you that our (Kot-in-Action) core audience consists mostly of people from 15 to 34 years of age. Bigger chunk of that is made of users from 15 to 24 years of age. As you can see these are people who usually buy games, and since they are not married and probably not working (going to school / college), they do play multiplayer.

Now, please remind me of the last succesful single-player only game... I don't recall any. Terraria and Minecraft come to mind as money makers and they are actually multiplayer oriented.

Making single-player only game nowadays is a very risky business. Either devs have ton of money and just trying to prove a point that single-player games deserve to be, or the replayability factor of the game is through the roof, or the game game will be very long, super interesting and will have ton of content.

P.S. I don't play MP so the very reasons mentioned by elanthis, above. Plus I make games. So I would rather play an atmospheric single-player when I can (doesn't have to be a good story, neither Doom/Quake nor Crysis series had a brilliant story ). When it comes to making games, market's "opinion" is important.

Comment

Xenoblade's been doing pretty well. SP-only wii game.

game will be very long, super interesting and will have ton of content.
            Though it is all that

Comment

Working...
            X