• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
    This is getting old very quickly.

Look, the Inde bundle earned 1 Million! let's do it again

then again

then again

then again

I've paid over $20 for previous bundle, I guess I will be paying $1 this time, or just not bother about it
    Yeah, I HATE when games come out for linux.

Comment

Yeah, what's the world coming to? If people make games for Linux, and even offer them at discount prices, there is one thing less to whine about. Have to find something new, else people might even have to write useful things on the internet. We can't have that, can we?

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
        Yeah, I HATE when games come out for linux.
        It's not that, but bundle after bundle after bundle after bundle after bundle. ...

Not to mention some of these weren't even bundles. I don't mind buying a few of these to support them. I've bought 3 or 4 bundles so far and haven't even downloaded them, let alone played them. But it's slowly starting to become 'annoying'.

It feels like those street musicians all over the place begging for money.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
          Linux "gamers" are hilarious. They know everything about an third tier game distribution platform like Desura just because they are available for Linux, but don't know shit about several of the most popular and successful indie games to date. You guys are so out of touch with reality at times it's almost confusing.
          So you're saying that if I were an xbox gamer, I should keep up on the ps3 exclusives?

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
            Linux "gamers" are hilarious. They know everything about an third tier game distribution platform like Desura just because they are available for Linux, but don't know shit about several of the most popular and successful indie games to date. You guys are so out of touch with reality at times it's almost confusing.
            well, if you can provide a good website that reviews linux indie games - you'll do us all a great service.

Comment

1 m

And now this shit bundle made 1 million, i can't believe how people are stupid buy this, NOBODY ever heard about these games. Incredible.
              Fortunatly we linux users show how to do it right, we are buying each time less. Keep the good job guys.

Now a news from the future:
              "A new bundle was anounced today, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Batman Arkham City. Yes just 3 games, and i never heard about then.
              But i heard that maybe, Valve will release a linux version of Half-Life 1 until 2025."

Comment

For the ones complaining, go back to windows, it suits you better. You'll have something real to complain about.

I buy the bundles/whatever you want to call them, to show support for Linux as a gaming platform, pure and simple. If I like the games, cool, if not that's ok. My taste may change in the future.

I keep a vague interest in the gaming scene as I like gaming but decided years ago that I liked Linux as a whole, a lot more, to ditch windows so why should I keep a keen interest in the happenings of something that I do not want to be a part of? I do not consider wine as supporting Linux gaming and as such, yes I do miss out on a lot of games I would like to play but I've made my decision.

Yes, it is hard at times to be a Linux only gamer but the times are a changing fuelled by like minded people.

With this bundle, I had only loosely heard of two of the games prior to my purchase. Super meat boy and GSB. Both of which I didn't see as much fun. They both have their merits and I'm happy they were included. So far the only other games I've played are Night sky and Shank. With those two alone, I'm very glad that I've got this bundle. Big props go to Shank as I don't think we've got anything quite like this on Linux.

Question is, do you want to be able to enjoy "gaming on linux"*? What are you prepared to do?

*I'm not associated with them, just a cheap plug for a good site.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Some games do not even start using squeeze:

bit.trip.runner: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by bit.trip.runner)

a desktop file is also missing for bit.trip.runner...
                  I'm sure that you, being a distro maintainer are used to even worse packaging than this for binary blobs.
                  And btw, it might have helped others to share what the workaround is, I belive the game bundles an ancient libc version, right? I bought the bundle but didn't yet get the chance to try the games, I'll probably do it when they add the option to redeem them on Desura (I hope they will add it).

Comment

./GSB.bin.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                    If only these commercial games maker could learn to stop dynamic linking... Or provide the source...

Comment

Looks like most games require shader 3.0 or something and won't run on my Intel HD chip this time... Disappointing to see EFF gone too. (Just so you know why I won't buy it... cause you all care, right?)

Comment

Working...
                      X