No announcement yet.

Humble Indie Bundle 4 Just Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just asked because I have never heard of GSB but it looks cool but checking their site no linux (windows and mac) as well as saying No linux support.

I believe it is linux native, just odd no mention on their site
    sure its not winelib?

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
      I just asked because I have never heard of GSB but it looks cool but checking their site no linux (windows and mac) as well as saying No linux support.

sure its not winelib?
      Well, it wouldn't be the first time if a title makes its (native) Linux debut with the HIB and has not been promoted in advance.
      Not knowing what's coming up with the next HIB is part of the game...

Comment

The games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux (system requirements here). Please note that this is the initial release of seven Linux builds, so please be patient while we fix 1.0 issues as fast as we can.
        It's right there on the humble bundle website (3rd paragraph). Following the link to the system requirements clarifies (even further) that Linux is supported.
        Last edited by archibald; 13 December 2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Super Meat Boy is huge, I'm surprised you haven't all heard of it. But I'm equally surprised to see it here after hearing the developers slagging off Linux users in a podcast a little while back. They were basically like "screw you, this source code is ours" while failing to acknowledge that releasing on Linux didn't necessarily mean open sourcing the code. Maybe they were trying to make a joke but it just sounded arrogant to me.
          Last edited by Chewi; 13 December 2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post

sure its not winelib?
            Like other have said - yes we are sure.

I even just gave it a blast, works very very well on my laptop using "optirun" (Ironhide as my laptop is nvidia/intel dual chipset).

-Liam Dawe
            Linux Gaming, SteamOS and Steam Deck gaming. Covering Linux Gaming News, Linux Games, SteamOS, Indie Game Reviews, Steam Play Proton and more.

Comment

Well it's not bad. I wonder if GSB includes the DLCs or not

Comment

Shank has had some press coverage too.
                Darn... They really want my money

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                  Super Meat Boy is huge, I'm surprised you haven't all heard of it. But I'm equally surprised to see it here after hearing the developers slagging off Linux users in a podcast a little while back. They were basically like "screw you, this source code is ours" while failing to acknowledge that releasing on Linux didn't necessarily mean open sourcing the code. Maybe they were trying to make a joke but it just sounded arrogant to me.
                  Yeah, they recently released the Mac client and joked about the whiny Linux users, but they've always said it was coming.

anyway... IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT SKIPPING THE BUNDLE PAY $1 AND GET SUPER MEAT BOY

Comment

Humble

I dont post on phoronix so i will use the default login because its important.
                    I can believe the previous post on this thread, nobody ever listen to any of these games? seriously?
                    So nobody here ever entered in a gaming site right?
                    Every big gaming site already talked about all these games (Joystiq, Kotaku, RockPaperShotgun...), but apparently everybody here lives in the same cavern of Stalman.
                    And i can believe you are complaining (bitching) about the removal of EFF, they explained why, you just need to look at their twitter.
                    I know, you like they before they sold theirselves right? When they were not mainstream?
                    So stop the excuses and say "i love to complain", its simple.

Comment

Looks like a decent step up from the last bundle, which I personally found to be a massive disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                      X