X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ansla
    replied
    Originally posted by geoffp View Post
    I bought the bundle to run on my 3650HD with r600g, and got the same Aquaria segfault. Crayon Physics was so slow that it was unplayable. Maybe 4 fps. This prompted me to install the fglrx drivers, which of course make me an unhappy gnome-shell user, and now I want to buy an Nvidia card, but have no money.
    I have the exact same graphics card and both games ran fine last time I tried them (several months ago). Like agd5f said, make sure you remove bundled C/C++ libraries and also any X11/xcb/opengl libs.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Flattr'd and I got FlameEyes something from his wishlist too

I think I'd be most interested in a live ebuild for Darwinia but if you could help me develop my own ebuilds that would be better
    Many thanks for that. Darwinia it is then. I was debating the value of a source ebuild for these Introversion games since they are not properly open source but I think enough people have bought the bundle to make it worthwhile. Hopefully they're not too difficult to build. I'll keep you posted.

And few people are more deserving of thanks than Flameeyes.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewi View Post
    Thank you for the offer. Normally I'd decline as time is usually more of an issue than money but it is presently the other way around. I have therefore created a Flattr account. It seems the most humble option to me. I can't promise how much I may get done but was there a particular game you were interested in?

I did some work on Gish but important fixes were drowned out by a flurry of forks that attempted to create free version of the game. None of them got very far. I'd need to go back over the commits to pick out the useful ones. After my initial failed attempt at porting Penumbra: Overture to 64-bit Linux (insta-death!), I heard last month that one developer had more or less got it working so I'd certainly like to pick that up again.

Why create your own 32-bit ebuilds for Mesa? Is emul-linux-x86-opengl no good for you? It is updated a little more often than it used to be in order to keep up with recent Mesa developments. I know there are at least vague plans for a truly multilib Gentoo where you can compile a 32-bit Mesa as easily as a 64-bit one but I have no idea if or when that might actually happen. Back when it was updated less frequently, I managed to build my own in a chroot but it was less than straightforward.
    Flattr'd and I got FlameEyes something from his wishlist too

I think I'd be most interested in a live ebuild for Darwinia but if you could help me develop my own ebuilds that would be better

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Is there a donations page / Amazon Wishlist / Flattr or something similar we could use to encourage you?

Also is there a guide or mentoring service available for ebuilds? I've cobbled together the 32bit ebuilds for Mesa but they're a mess and would love to make a proper solution similar to the glibc multilib flag - I've tried doing it before but I got lost in the eclasses
    Thank you for the offer. Normally I'd decline as time is usually more of an issue than money but it is presently the other way around. I have therefore created a Flattr account. It seems the most humble option to me. I can't promise how much I may get done but was there a particular game you were interested in?

I did some work on Gish but important fixes were drowned out by a flurry of forks that attempted to create free version of the game. None of them got very far. I'd need to go back over the commits to pick out the useful ones. After my initial failed attempt at porting Penumbra: Overture to 64-bit Linux (insta-death!), I heard last month that one developer had more or less got it working so I'd certainly like to pick that up again.

Why create your own 32-bit ebuilds for Mesa? Is emul-linux-x86-opengl no good for you? It is updated a little more often than it used to be in order to keep up with recent Mesa developments. I know there are at least vague plans for a truly multilib Gentoo where you can compile a 32-bit Mesa as easily as a 64-bit one but I have no idea if or when that might actually happen. Back when it was updated less frequently, I managed to build my own in a chroot but it was less than straightforward.

Leave a comment:

• geoffp
    replied
    Mixed bag on r600

I bought the bundle to run on my 3650HD with r600g, and got the same Aquaria segfault. Crayon Physics was so slow that it was unplayable. Maybe 4 fps. This prompted me to install the fglrx drivers, which of course make me an unhappy gnome-shell user, and now I want to buy an Nvidia card, but have no money.

Leave a comment:

• TheCycoONE
    replied
    Uplink and Darwinia both segfault on a Radeon XPress 200M running r300g on Xubuntu 11.10. Darwinia works fine on another laptop with an X1400 also using r300g - haven't tested Uplink on that one yet.

Leave a comment:

• RavFX
    replied
    Uplink "run" fine on my systeme (R770/MESA 7.12-dev).

The only issue is when I quit the game, having a dual screen setup, I have to use xrandr to reset the display config and if I want to launch a big game like EVE-Online, I have to reset xorg else I have a crash.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Well, the bundle versions are all recently updated, and with new 64 bit builds. So no problems there.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    A lot of binary games ship with old versions of the c/c++ libs that aren't compatible with all distros. In many cases simply removing them and allowing the apps to use the system versions will fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Shouldn't this article be called "Bugs in lastest Mesa git"? Darwinia and Uplink ran fine with Mesa on a r200 years ago when they came out. And from short testing, they still run fine with the stable Mesa 7.11.1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X