Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desura's Public Linux Client Is Here With 65+ Games

Phoronix: Desura's Public Linux Client Is Here With 65+ Games

For those that didn't notice yet, the public Linux client for Desura is now available and it's out of the closed-beta process. You can now fetch some 65+ games for Linux from this Steam-like digital distribution platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting. They should get NeverWinter Nights 1 into it though.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
      I think LGP still holds the distribution rights for this one.

Good news in any case, though am I the only one finding the site's layout extremely reminiscent of Steam's?

Comment

I found also different issues. There are a lot of games that are for both Windows and Linux, but Desura offers only the Windows version. Why? ? ? ?

Example: True Combat Elite is offered only for the Windows version, but that is false. It exists even for Linux and MacOS. In fact I always play with the Linux version.

Desura, get these things fixed!! And do your best at getting NWN1 into it!

ps super suggestion: what about thinking at supporting some games that work with wine? Example: there are some games that work perfectly with a specific version of Wine. You should create a system that for examples, makes you buy/download NeverWinter Nights 2 shipped with a specific version of Wine with everything configured. For example Teamviewer for Linux ships with an internal version of Wine that has its own home directory and does not conflict with any parallel version of Wine installed.

In this way since there are a lot of games working well with Windows, Desura would be perfect. Think about it, even though I know this is a big task because each game has its specific functional wine version. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
          I think LGP still holds the distribution rights for this one.

Good news in any case, though am I the only one finding the site's layout extremely reminiscent of Steam's?
          This is a joke?
          Bioware still holds the distribution rights for NeverWinter Nights.

Comment

ps super suggestion: what about thinking at supporting some games that work with wine? Example: there are some games that work perfectly with a specific version of Wine. You should create a system that for examples, makes you buy/download NeverWinter Nights 2 shipped with a specific version of Wine with everything configured. For example Teamviewer for Linux ships with an internal version of Wine that has its own home directory and does not conflict with any parallel version of Wine installed.

In this way since there are a lot of games working well with Windows, Desura would be perfect. Think about it, even though I know this is a big task because each game has its specific functional wine version. Just a suggestion.
            These games work with wine:

Desura is online games! Have you tried free games on Desura? Which ones are your favorites? let's all play together in free online games on Desura!

Desura is online games! Have you tried free games on Desura? Which ones are your favorites? let's all play together in free online games on Desura!

Do you like to play Typing Games? Choose the new best keyboarding games and play online right now on the best site for games - Desura!

Comment

Do they use generic wine system installation or do they have their own specific wine?

If its generic system wine installation, that is not good. I can have an updated wine versiono that can break compatibility ecc.

Comment

Desura is only doing Indie games. Bioware is not an Indie developer.

Comment

Segfaults for me.

Comment

I get a segfault after logging in

Comment

Working...
                    X