No announcement yet.

It's Not All Roses For The Latest Humble Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought every bundle except the first at $15 - $20 mostly for support (they support Linux, I support them). This time I think I'll skip - what 1 game? Except now that SpaceChem is included I'm a little tempted (This somehow reminds me of Osmos, which was one of the very rare games that kept me playing for more than 10 minutes). Don't know... will try the demo. Tycho's quote:
    I?ve been trying to even understand what is happening in Zachtronics Industries? harrowing embolism manifold known as SpaceChem.
    Is that even a compliment?!

Comment

Unsuccesful? Wha?

I don't get the point about this being less successful than before. With basically one title (sans bonuses), they're headed to hit the $1M mark. $1M for one title is pretty damn good in my book.

Comment

Frozenbyte quality

The whole thing strikes me as some sort of experiment by Frozenbyte to see what they can get away with. The Indie Bundles are chock full of value while the Frozenbyte bundles come off as a rush to make a quick buck. Remember that the first FB bundle was just three games with a (still!) unfinished title and a digital abortion that didn't even run under Linux. It didn't meet the mark of the Humble Bundles then and it doesn't hit that mark now. If anything, this is even worse than their freshman effort.

This is not coming from some sense of entitlement. As it has been pointed out, I can pay one whole red cent for this bundle if I want to. I get that. But I don't want this one-game bundle enough to go to the trouble of digging out my credit card. The enticement is just not there. Mind you, I bought the first FB Bundle which really kills any sense of motivation to buy this one. The implication that I'm some kind of scum for not seeing to it that FB makes two million bucks for a relatively half-assed offering is douchebaggery.

To those who would flame me saying "Buy it anyway to show support!" I say "Fuck you, I don't want it."

Comment

Well i wont be getting this latest bundle on avg i have spent for the previous bundles 20-25 dollars this one didnt excite me even with the two extra games added, i already own the frozen bundle .
          Also i dont know how it works if they approach indy devs or the devs approach them but if its the former there are a lot of mulltiplatform indy devs (who i would think) would jump at the chance to get their games out there if only for the advertising, getting revenge of the titans made me buy all the other games from puppygames. Penumbra made me get all the other frictional games as well.

Comment

I went ahead and got the bundle once they added spacechem. A really fun game, and it runs really well on my linux box considering it uses mono, however it is a complete PITA to install on any distro except Ubuntu. Forunately there were clear instuctions on the web site. I wasn't too exited about this bundle though as I already had the frozenbyte one. Now I would be really excited if they rounded up an RPG bundle with five or six games.

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
              The whole thing strikes me as some sort of experiment by Frozenbyte to see what they can get away with. The Indie Bundles are chock full of value while the Frozenbyte bundles come off as a rush to make a quick buck. Remember that the first FB bundle was just three games with a (still!) unfinished title and a digital abortion that didn't even run under Linux. It didn't meet the mark of the Humble Bundles then and it doesn't hit that mark now. If anything, this is even worse than their freshman effort.

This is not coming from some sense of entitlement. As it has been pointed out, I can pay one whole red cent for this bundle if I want to. I get that. But I don't want this one-game bundle enough to go to the trouble of digging out my credit card. The enticement is just not there. Mind you, I bought the first FB Bundle which really kills any sense of motivation to buy this one. The implication that I'm some kind of scum for not seeing to it that FB makes two million bucks for a relatively half-assed offering is douchebaggery.

To those who would flame me saying "Buy it anyway to show support!" I say "Fuck you, I don't want it."
              Note: This new bundle includes Frozen Synapse, which is NOT a game created by Frozen Byte. The names are similar, but they're from different studios. This bundle does include the Frozen Byte bundle as a bonus for people paying greater than the going rate, but the new games are from different studios.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                Note: This new bundle includes Frozen Synapse, which is NOT a game created by Frozen Byte. The names are similar, but they're from different studios. This bundle does include the Frozen Byte bundle as a bonus for people paying greater than the going rate, but the new games are from different studios.
                Whoops. Sorry about that. It's mid-term week here and I didn't pay proper attention. Thanks for catching this for me.

And I still don't want this bundle.

Comment

So don't buy it. Donate and/or shut up.

'I've been offered the chance to donate and buy a game that's worth $0.01 and I don't want to pay that much.'
                  Boo flashin hoo! they sound like the selfish antisocial pirates that feel the world owes them free games; the supposed myth that the HiB was created to refute. Don't like it? Don't buy it!

Comment

Originally posted by zerothis View Post
                    'I've been offered the chance to donate and buy a game that's worth $0.01 and I don't want to pay that much.'
                    Boo flashin hoo! they sound like the selfish antisocial pirates that feel the world owes them free games; the supposed myth that the HiB was created to refute. Don't like it? Don't buy it!
                    Can I assume this was directed at me?

Comment

Could it be that there are just too many indie bundles in too short a time? What if they are put at least 6 months apart?

Comment

Working...
                      X