Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Hahahahaha...
    Ye of little faith. The only problem will be the performance, the drivers could probably run the game already, given a few bugfixes.

Like deanjo said, it's an OpenGL 2.1 game.

Comment

• The Wikipedia entry for the game mentions 4.2, but no reference is given... The last time Carmack mentioned OpenGL versions was sometime around 2009 and it was still 2.1 back then.

As others has mentioned, it would be fun if somebody could try it out with Mesa, see exactly what extensions are checked for and maybe do some preliminary bug filing, just in case there is a native version coming.

Comment

• some ontopic POS

from http://toddhollenshead.com/ so it's definitely a GIMP-ed photo

@phoronix: pretty please don't treat it like the real deal

Comment

• Originally posted by mibo View Post
          I can wait. 2012 is fine for me
          It still won't work on windows pc's in 2012. As far as everyone is concerned it's in paid for beta right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
            I just had the subway fight today, with a shotgun and fatboy bullits in the revolver.

I gotta say; it was more epic than the entire Quake episodes combined. (literally epic; fought against two Krakens).

This is by far, the best id and the best FPS game, ever made.
            i found the game-end at it was "not as good" as i think it would be, the last video looks more like a teaser for rage-2-dlc-next-episode than a epic Final..... but you should like last mission that has The quake4 Nexus ;']
            this game as a great rendering for far distance but some "missions" are taking longer to do the travel by car to get to the spot than to "release THE mission"....
            may be that comes from the "multi-engines they all do with one game" : it leads to the minimalism because when an engine can not do it , none does .
            at least , i find that 50 euros for that is too much demanding moreover with ati drivers not ready for the d-day .

Comment

• come fight the good fight: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...age-and-linux/ :P

Comment

• Originally posted by jcgeny View Post
                i found the game-end at it was "not as good" as i think it would be, the last video looks more like a teaser for rage-2-dlc-next-episode than a epic Final..... but you should like last mission that has The quake4 Nexus ;']
                this game as a great rendering for far distance but some "missions" are taking longer to do the travel by car to get to the spot than to "release THE mission"....
                may be that comes from the "multi-engines they all do with one game" : it leads to the minimalism because when an engine can not do it , none does .
                at least , i find that 50 euros for that is too much demanding moreover with ati drivers not ready for the d-day .
                Could you please re-upload your comment in understandable-English.Format?

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  Could you please re-upload your comment in understandable-English.Format?
                  i was critic about your words saying it s id's best game .
                  Quake4 is very good with good graphics and a very good story , the bosses are very different and all along the game .
                  the car and robot drives are very nice in quake as well as the train ride . while in this game : rage , the driving is very repetitive and fights are also getting boring with cars .

some missions are really short , the one before final , is having 5-8 minutes to drive car , kill 8 "combines" plant 2 bombs then go back [again] to village to get order .
                  then player takes the same road as previous mission and passes where he planted bombs , goes a bit farther and gets in the "nexus"

i mean with quake4 , player did not do like that , it was fluid and all things he "see" are never seen before or from far

i recognize the rendering is shiny new and has some badass style , the story is not showing it at its best .

Comment

• Originally posted by jcgeny View Post
                    i was critic about your words saying it s id's best game .
                    I saved a part of the game that featured the most intense shootout in all of id's games. I'm thinking about recording it and putting it on YouTube for everyone to compare. I read FRAPS kind of kills your FPS, so I'm searching for a better recorder...

Quake4 is very good with good graphics and a very good story , the bosses are very different and all along the game .
                    the car and robot drives are very nice in quake as well as the train ride . while in this game : rage , the driving is very repetitive and fights are also getting boring with cars .
                    Quake 4 isn't an id game. It was made by Raven (Soldier of Fortune). It was the only Quake game not even worth playing. I was realy dissapointed in that one.

Arcade combat is realy arcade in Rage, which is mainly for fun, not realism.

The story in Quake 4 is actually a straight copy from Quake 2, except there are irritating side-kicks who stand in your way all the time. Quake 2 should have ended, much like Terminator 2.

I like Rage's setting; basically it's you're an Ark survivor, things haven't turned out the way that they should; go fix it.

some missions are really short , the one before final , is having 5-8 minutes to drive car , kill 8 "combines" plant 2 bombs then go back [again] to village to get order .
                    then player takes the same road as previous mission and passes where he planted bombs , goes a bit farther and gets in the "nexus"
                    I don't really mind the variation. Normally I get a little bored after a while and combining the racing combat really keeps the game interesting. The 'quests' all have a different setting with different enemies. This is also great variation in the gameplay. Sometimes you have to be tactical and other times you're basically go redneck style against mutties with a shotgun; blowing shit to hell (the more interesting part of the game).

i mean with quake4 , player did not do like that , it was fluid and all things he "see" are never seen before or from far
                    I found Quake 4 to be a lot less interesting due to the fact that you're constantly shit->walk->pick up amma->shoot->walk->ammo->Hey... turrets...

But some parts were somewhat interesting.

i recognize the rendering is shiny new and has some badass style , the story is not showing it at its best .
                    Want to read a good story? Read a book, lol.

Comment

• from my little experience with FRAPS
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRKedf3fIY and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu0xmId5-hU

it needs a lot of disc-space and that goes up with video size .
                      i also reminds others having trouble to have sound in their recordings .

"I found Quake 4 to be a lot less interesting due to the fact that you're constantly shit->walk->pick up amma->shoot->walk->ammo->Hey... turrets..." if you did not liked then with rage you ll gone to suffer because you need to pick things all time :'] and many are not weapons ....

"Want to read a good story? Read a book, lol." this game already looked too much like a Book ;'[

by the way : have a good game

Comment

Working...
                      X