Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Footage Of CS: Global Offensive

Phoronix: New Footage Of CS: Global Offensive

For those following Phoronix for gaming news rather than Linux graphics driver information and other hardware topics, there's some new footage of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to watch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Look for more details soon"? Are you implying CSGO will be released on Linux, and that means Steam too? Well butter my biscuit!

Comment

Originally posted by Fazer View Post
      "Look for more details soon"? Are you implying CSGO will be released on Linux, and that means Steam too? Well butter my biscuit!
      I agree, what the hell?

Comment

What does it mean?

Comment

New Footage Of CS: Global Offensive
          Linux gaming

Comment

Again in 2011 we cannot destroy world objects. How lame.

Red Faction originally was out in 2001. So that you know.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              Again in 2011 we cannot destroy world objects. How lame.

Red Faction originally was out in 2001. So that you know.
              CS players don't want to destroy objects. There's the Battlefield series for that.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                CS players don't want to destroy objects. There's the Battlefield series for that.
                Very true.
                However, Linux players would like to play Battlefield on their linux distro. Natively.

I'm part of the phoronix readers that are more interested in gaming and far less on the state of latest git code for open-source drivers, so this news is great stuff to read.
                I just hope this won't be vaporware as UT3 was.

Comment

Originally posted by Armurier View Post
                  So true. Just the other day I realized that we've been at this "ooh surely valve will take this opportunity to launch the game on linux too" since at least 2008.

While I would love to have a native Steam, it's just not coming. I don't know why, maybe it was at some point, but getting your hopes up is just idiotic.

Comment

Why did I get flashbacks of the original TF2 screens when watching the video?

Comment

Working...
                    X