No announcement yet.

Maker3D - create your 3D RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until the greek mass-demonstrations / revolution continues, every Greek citizen gets 50% discount.

Comment

BUILD 764:
      -Fixed a bug on some Intel i3/5/7 machines that caused maker3d to crash
      -Fixed a bug with some S3 graphics cards that caused windows hang when starting maker
      -Fixed a bug in the image loader that may caused unexpected results or crash in some cases

also, fixed crash on *some* intel hd graphics machines.

Comment

BUILD 765:
        -RESTART_SCRIPT was broken when a model on the script walked away in some cases
        -Test map (throw) was forgot to reset the movement bits of some objects, fixed
        -In the editor, the camera now can be zoomed higher.

Comment

Serious question: has anybody actually built so much as a semi-serious RPG with this? Usually you have some references you can point to. I see none. The website of this abomination also looks like a frakkin' nightmare. I'd rather play "Ultima I" than something created with this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheComrade View Post
            Serious question: has anybody actually built so much as a semi-serious RPG with this? Usually you have some references you can point to. I see none. The website of this abomination also looks like a frakkin' nightmare. I'd rather play "Ultima I" than something created with this.
            It's not the worst website I've seen for a hobby project, and the features look okay. No reason to get nasty about it. Could certainly use some constructive criticism, but "it's an abomination" isn't going to help.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
              It's not the worst website I've seen for a hobby project, and the features look okay. No reason to get nasty about it. Could certainly use some constructive criticism, but "it's an abomination" isn't going to help.
              Nasty? Perhaps. It's my subjective impression. But you probably ignored the first part, which was my real question. Are there any references? There's not even a single sample game on the website, whereas the "original" Japanese RPG Maker offers several which, incidentally, were all made by users. You can also easily find lots of commercial games and hobbyist games made with RPG Maker. Why should I buy a program without any references? That'd be like buying a book about screenwriting by Syd Field, who has almost zero experience in writing screenplays. Maker3D is touted as a program to create 3D RPGs, but there's no proof that anyone has actually done so.

So there is my constructive criticism: instead of listing feature above feature, offer at least one good sample game that shows what you can actually get out of this software! A rather horrible YouTube video isn't going to suffice.

Comment

You can download the demo, have a play with it and within that you'll find a demo game of sorts.

Comment

TheComrade: i dont follow the users of maker3d, so i dont know, what they are doing with it. (and i dont know what is a ,,semi serious'' rpg) i am connected with a few maker3d user continously, the games they are making in it, are more likely to lightweight, funny games, than serious ones (judging from they screenshots).

the last screenshot i recived from a maker3d user, contained a hero called ,,STINKY, THE CONQUEROR'' so i think, there is no serious game make with maker, however, its possible that a serious game exist somewhere. but i dont know.

There's not even a single sample game on the website
                  so you are making critism on a software that you do not even tryed yourself, becouse the demo version have a mini sample game with easy scripting, hero and item management, and battle, that made by me and friends when maker released. you should have noticed it.

original" Japanese RPG Maker
                  the original japanese rpgmaker have over9000 games, becouse the japanese education ministry have licensed 10 million copy from it back then in the japanese scools, and it gained rapid worldwide popularity due to this. my maker also have games actually. but my users rarely even registering on my portal to show they game, almost all of my customer making private games with maker (for example, making they scool and creating a humorous rpg in it). i cant force them to register they project on my website, they are free persons ^^

Why should I buy a program without any references?
                  there is the demo version, with a playable built in game. you can even execute your own maps in the demo version, so you actually can create a mini game to experience the handling of the system. what other references do you want? you are free to use the software that you like more. this is capitalism.
                  (also, good luck to find another 3d rpg creator application that even exist, usable, and creator even seen a linux in his life you will not :P)

there's no proof that anyone has actually done so.
                  so you will be happy, if i would pay a beer to 14 year old kids, to create 40 jrpg per day for my maker, or what?
                  how mutch EB payd for you to make this post?

So there is my constructive answer: you should try the thing, before you start to make critism
                  Last edited by Geri; 14 April 2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

site seems to be down

Comment

manuchan: sometime the dns server stops responding. when the site not working, try again 10 minutes later.

Comment

Working...
                      X