No announcement yet.

id Software's Rage May Not Be Coming To Linux Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ttimo said that he would be sad that there would not be a linux bin of rage... i might be misquoting... anyway there is a possibility that a linux version will be available but depends of id or zenimax decides! if ttimo gets enough free time to spend to port then it's ok... if not, it will be missed....

so the answer to your question yes, we can even consider a linux support!

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
      Ttimo said that he would be sad that there would not be a linux bin of rage... i might be misquoting... anyway there is a possibility that a linux version will be available but depends of id or zenimax decides! if ttimo gets enough free time to spend to port then it's ok... if not, it will be missed....

so the answer to your question yes, we can even consider a linux support!
      You just said yourself that it depends on iD and Zenimax's choice, and I'm pretty sure John Carmack was kind of clear at that point in the vid I was referring to.

Comment

zenimax has, as Carmack said, no plan for mac/linux, which is something new to me. if they do make plans for mac then it would make easier to port to linux. That means that ttimo might get enough time to port it, even they don't make one and don't overcharge ttimo with work we still get a chance to have a port. (sorry if i mislead you in previous post.)

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
          Yeah. The Linux gaming scene is dying a horrible death. The economics are simple: not enough people use Linux exclusively for them to care. The few people who do run Linux and like to play games, are either willing to tinker with Wine, or dual boot Windows. We aren't helping our cause.
          Personally I got sick and tired of caring some time in 2008. Its just not worth all the grief. I would rather just accept that Linux will never be a true desktop OS and just run it on my servers, which it performs much better as.

Comment

Why the sad faces, troopers? Open Source bazaars are a better development methodology than the evil Proprietary Software cathedrals, right? Surely FOSS can build it's own games that rival $40,000,000 US titles! All you need is dedication, willpower, and love!

And $40,000,000.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
              Why the sad faces, troopers? Open Source bazaars are a better development methodology than the evil Proprietary Software cathedrals, right? Surely FOSS can build it's own games that rival $40,000,000 US titles! All you need is dedication, willpower, and love!

And $40,000,000.
              Give FOSS a lot more time and they won't need the $40,000,000. In 2008, the Linux kernel alone was worth 1.4 billion.
              I like driving games and Racer, Rigs of Rods, VDrift, SuperTuxKart 0.7, TORCS, Mania Drive are all FOSS. I'm sure once Doom 3 source code is released someone will get the vehicles working as well as they do in ET:QW and make another racing/combat game.

Comment

@elanthis: amen for that!

now with all this wayland success we need to support d3 on wayland before anything else! i wonder if D3 would gain graphics performance.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                X