X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madjr
    replied
    an ID humble bundle would be cool

with last minute surprises: quake4 source code and id tech5 engine / rage getting clients sooner

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    I recently purchased Doom3 + expension pack. It's an id software game and it's awesome. It's Doom but linear and slow walk speed, but the pure horror (a mix of American and Japanese horror, which is double scary), ability to run and nice graphics make up for it 100%. Don't bother with the demo; just get it with blind faith

I'm presonaly a big fan of Descent and read that there was a Descent mod for Doom 3... I hope it's still being developped...

Leave a comment:

• nbohr1more
    replied
    Originally posted by Drago View Post
    Do you plan to port your mod to Linux?
    The mod was released with a Linux binary in 2009 we have just recently ported it to OSX.

Also there are now over 45 missions available including a 5 mission story series (Sotha's Thomas Porter Series) and a 3 mission campaign that was co-created by a Dark Mod developer (No Honor Among Thieves)... Veteran Thief 2 mission author Melan has 2 missions out that continue the story arc from his Thief missions. Finally, The Dark Mod's lead artist Springheel has just released his mission "A Score to Settle" after 3 years of work on it.
    Last edited by nbohr1more; 05 August 2011, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• not.sure
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    It's source code, not game data. Same deal as with everything else id has released.
    Isn't there some freely available data? I seem to remember there was a demo, those files should work..?!

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by Frankin View Post
    Does this mean Doom 3 will be free to play?
    It's source code, not game data. Same deal as with everything else id has released.

Leave a comment:

• Frankin
    replied
    Does this mean Doom 3 will be free to play?

Leave a comment:

• Drago
    replied
    Originally posted by nbohr1more View Post
    I can't speak for the Hexen EOC team, but we at The Dark Mod are very excited about this news.

It will help overcome things like CPU driven animation bottlenecks, problems with collision reliability and hard-coded limits.

If you are a fan of the Thief games you should check-out the mod:

THE DARK MOD was once a total conversion of Doom 3, and is now a STANDALONE GAME with the release of TDM 2.0! A dark and moody stealth game, inspired by the Thief series by Looking Glass Studios.

THE DARK MOD is a FREE first person stealth game inspired by the Thief series by Looking Glass Studios. Download and play hundreds of missions for free.

(It might also be a good Benchmark as some missions are extremely large and performance intensive. For example the "No Honor Among Thieves" campaign.)
    Do you plan to port your mod to Linux?

Leave a comment:

• nbohr1more
    replied
    The Dark Mod

I can't speak for the Hexen EOC team, but we at The Dark Mod are very excited about this news.

It will help overcome things like CPU driven animation bottlenecks, problems with collision reliability and hard-coded limits.

www moddb<dot>com/mods/the-dark-mod

www thedarkmod<dot>com

(It might also be a good Benchmark as some missions are extremely large and performance intensive. For example the "No Honor Among Thieves" campaign.)

Leave a comment:

• nbohr1more
    replied
    The Dark Mod

THE DARK MOD was once a total conversion of Doom 3, and is now a STANDALONE GAME with the release of TDM 2.0! A dark and moody stealth game, inspired by the Thief series by Looking Glass Studios.

THE DARK MOD is a FREE first person stealth game inspired by the Thief series by Looking Glass Studios. Download and play hundreds of missions for free.

Leave a comment:

• Bitiquinho
    replied
    Well, we have Xonotic now.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X