Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Humble Indie Bundle Just Launched

Phoronix: Another Humble Indie Bundle Just Launched

Another Humble Indie Bundle just launched. This is yet another collection of multi-platform games where you simply pay what you want for the set of Windows / Linux / Mac OS X games and all of them are free of any DRM (Digital Rights Management) restrictions. As usual, this Humble Indie Bundle sale will just be going on for two weeks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't find the titles very tempting this time.
    Maybe I'll buy it just to show my support.

Comment

How many HiBs until Valve realizes there is a large game library on GNU+Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by Znurre View Post
        "And yet it moves" is very enjoyable me. I had bought it some months ago and it was a pleasure to play even in my low powered laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          "And yet it moves" is very enjoyable me. I had bought it some months ago and it was a pleasure to play even in my low powered laptop.
          Currently I don't quite feel like playing a puzzle platformer though... besides, I already bought BEEP to cover up for that.
          I'd love to play an action RPG or something, I wish Dilogus would come out anytime soon.

Comment

Puzzle games are right up my street.

I'm still kicking my self for missing the frozenbite bundle, so I've just snapped this one up. A steel at 15$ (What do you mean the average is 5$? get outta here :P )

Comment

Originally posted by Znurre View Post
              *Posting on Phoronix*

I see what you did there.

Comment

So, what do you think? Will the Linux support be as bad as with the last two bundles?

Comment

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
                  How many HiBs until Valve realizes there is a large game library on GNU+Linux?
                  Could be millions, until the HiBs are raking in at least $30-40 per game title there is very little to entice Valve to pursue it. 6 months of Valves production costs easily dwarf the complete income taken in with all the HiB's sales for all OS's combined.

Comment

Originally posted by wea0 View Post
                    So, what do you think? Will the Linux support be as bad as with the last two bundles?
                    Yep.
                    Code:
                    chris@chrisl ~/games/hb3-2/CrayonPhysicsDeluxe % ldd launcher 2> /dev/null | grep /home/ | wc -l
                    chris@chrisl ~/games/hb3-2/CrayonPhysicsDeluxe % ldd launcher 2> /dev/null | grep /usr/lib32 | wc -l
                    chris@chrisl ~/games/hb3-2/CrayonPhysicsDeluxe %
                    The needed libraries not packed with the game include:
                    32 bit openssl (0.9.8!!).
                    32 bit nas (yes. NAS!).
                    32 bit libjpeg6.
                    32 bit libtiff4.

Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X