Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zerothis
    replied
    Of course UBI would not demo one of their own games. They'd be bombarded with people demanding they release it to the public.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by Mathias View Post
    Oh and what I'm still missing is a PCI DSL modem, so I can spare the external one.
    The technology is nearly there...
    Here it is: http://www.traverse.com.au/productvi...product_id=116

I own one of them, it has drivers in the vanilla kernel.

Edit: I don't why it does redirect, I mean the "Traverse Solos PCI ADSL2+".

Leave a comment:

• baryluk
    replied
    Looks that ubisoft is trying to create competition to OnLive. They will probably use Windows as DomU in final version (with hardware based virtualization) and Linux as Dom0. Preliminary experiments with just Linux are just simpler to perform and hack various things.

Leave a comment:

• quintesse
    replied
    Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
    And I still don't get why people would want that. If you care so much about gaming that you would virtualize Windows for it then you might as well just dual boot or buy a console...
    Dual boot has a big problem. If I have to reboot only because I want to play for 30 minutes when one of my friends comes online I might as well stay in Windows because that might happen at any moment.... which is exactly what is happening with me, I had Windows only for games, but I'm installing more and more productivity software and I'm seeing my Linux side less and less.

And I really only want to be able to play one game. Counter Strike. Don't mention Wine because "being able to run" doesn't cut it, I want to win

And consoles suck. <-- period

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Nah, a VM is not the way to go for that. DFI had a preview motherboard at one point that could run Windows and Linux at the same time. That would be a nice thing to have. Whatever happened to it? I don't think it ever got released.

It's this nice little gadget here:

Leave a comment:

• Mathias
    replied
    I dream since a few years about this. Having one Workstation/Home Server/Gaming Rig that does everything for me.
    1. VM: Internet router, Asterisk Phone Server, VPN Dialin, NAS
    2. VM: Linux Desktop for everyday work, integrated graphics
    3. VM: Windows with Gaming GPU (which should be completely powered down if not in use)
    I would even go as far and putting 2 PSUs in the System, so I don't have to power the 70W idle system with a 600W PSU. But I don't think one would be able to properly hot plug the GPU.
    Oh and what I'm still missing is a PCI DSL modem, so I can spare the external one.
    The technology is nearly there...

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
    And I still don't get why people would want that. If you care so much about gaming that you would virtualize Windows for it then you might as well just dual boot or buy a console...
    Simple: I've got a loaded Linux workstation running VM's and applications (read: VI windows) I require for my day job.
    Rebooting the machine + VM's + projects just to shoot some spaceships in X3:TC and reboot back is plain stupid.

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• marwi509
    replied
    Wow, that's really cool. I'm suddenly really interested in trying Xen.

Leave a comment:

• Cyborg16
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    That's a really dumb question. I just don't want to reboot every time I want to check my emails while playing something. And I also want to be reachable via VoIP while playing, without having to install a client under Windows, which I use only for games.
    Well that at least has an easy answer nowadays ? get a smartphone. Looks like the guy had some fun anyway.

Leave a comment:

• neuron
    replied
    Anyone seen any work on passing through only the nvidia card in a optimus setup? That'd be rrrreally cool.

Don't know if it's technically feasable though, considering both cards have 1 output.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X