No announcement yet.

Unigine OilRush Moves A Bit Further Along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody gave me a free account for this game but usually you just need to delete libs which are installed in your system already. This is very easy on a 32 bit system as you can just do in the dir with the libs:
    Code:
    for x in *; do dpkg -S $x && rm -vf $x; done
    when you run pure 64 bit code it might work there as well, but it does not work for 32 bit apps on a 64 bit system as it does not check if it is from the lib32 dir or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      i try out my oil-rush license and the game don't start.

error message: "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x1040702) with this library (version 0x40702)
      Aborted
      "
      extra digits in front of the QT version (highlighted in the quote) indicate the qt-copy from kde repository. Did you experiment recently with local builds of KDE? Anyway, I don't see how the different QT versions could possibly mix since Oilrush doesn't appear to be using QT at all...

Comment

BTW, oilrush has a native 64bit version so it's not a problem with 32bit libs:
        file /opt/oilrush/bin/oilrush
        /opt/oilrush/bin/oilrush: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped

Comment

Ok, I installed the game using the Unigine installer (before I had it installed using an ebuild as I'm using Gentoo) and now I understand your problem. You're complaining about the launcher, not the game itself, as indeed when I run the launcher I get:
          Code:
          Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40703) with this library (version 0x40702)
          ./launcher_x64.sh: line 5:  3909 Aborted                 ./launcher_x64 -config ./../data/launcher/launcher.xml
          My suggestion is to do the same as the ebuild and ignore the launcher, just run the game binary directly. You can use the following patch for this:
          Code:
          --- launcher_x64.sh.orig        2011-06-11 19:08:11.000000000 +0300
          +++ launcher_x64.sh     2011-06-11 19:11:05.000000000 +0300
          @@ -1,5 +1,4 @@
           #!/bin/sh
           export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
           unset LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT
          -cd bin
          -./launcher_x64 -config ./../data/launcher/launcher.xml
          +bin/OilRush_x64d -data_path ../ -engine_config ../oilrush.cfg
          Now, as to why the launcher fails, even though Unigine built it's own version of QT, with library names changed so that you can not simply delete them and use the native ones, their version of QT will try to load plugins from the system default location. To work around this, if you prefer to use the launcher, here is patch number 2:
          Code:
          --- launcher_x64.sh.orig        2011-06-11 19:08:11.000000000 +0300
          +++ launcher_x64.sh     2011-06-11 19:25:41.000000000 +0300
          @@ -1,5 +1,6 @@
           #!/bin/sh
           export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
          +unset QT_PLUGIN_PATH
           unset LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT
           cd bin
           ./launcher_x64 -config ./../data/launcher/launcher.xml
          BTW, if anybody from Unigine is reading this topic, you might be interested in including this second patch in your launcher script. And also make the launcher default to OpenGL on linux.
          Last edited by Ansla; 11 June 2011, 12:37 PM. Reason: Fix some typos

Comment

It would be even more logical to get rid of the "cd bin", as "." is not in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The "./" before "bin" in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and elsewhere is useless too until you really want to execute a file in the current dir, but not for relative paths.

Comment

Working...
            X