Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myth II on modern 64-bit system - programming question

Hello,

I got the Linux version of Myth II running on Ubuntu 11.04 x86_64. One problem remains: the menus are transparent. This didn't used to be such a big issue, as turning compositing off fixes this, but now that Ubuntu uses Unity, it's necessary to log out and back in.

This is only in the menus, cinematics and mission briefings. Once OpenGL kicks in, it's all good.

Is there some way I can "easily" give the window Myth II opens a black background? I am using an sh script to start it, maybe it can be used in some way? Thanks.

xinit /location/to/your/myth/executable --:1

Comment

I wish it were that easy. :-) As normal user: "X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting."

sudo: "Server is already active for display 0"

Hmmm...
      Last edited by dammarin; 24 May 2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

i've been trying to use xinit to open an application on a separate xserver that i could access with ctrl+alt+f8 but i run into some errors i'm thinking that it might have something to do something i discovered a few weeks ago, the authorization for x is different on ubuntu, the xauth file is created at boot and stored in /tmp so scripting something with xauth is impossible since the key or whatever is changed at each boot, i've thought about using sudo to run the xinit command but

"Also if your are running ubuntu/gnome you could consider opening
        Main Menu/System/Administration/Login Window/General and uncheck the option
        "Disable multiple logins for single user" This will let you login to a separate session with the full DTE running."

Comment

Try the updated version being beta tested over here. Keep in mind, you still need a full installation of the game to be able to run the updated Linux version being tested.

Comment

Working...
          X