The Frozenbyte Bundle Hasn't Breached $1M USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    Anyone downloaded it? How big are the installers, just wondering because I could buy it and download it from university network at 100Mbits againts homes 512kbits. And my laptop has limited capacity of storage(approx 10gigs free).
    The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle is maybe 3-4 gigabytes per platform. Shadowgrounds is around 850 MB, Shadowgrounds Survivor 1.1 GB, Trine 650 MB (old stuff removal finally), Jack Claw 400 MB, and then there's the soundtracks.

Comment

For 64-bit Linux, the installers are:
      Trine: 617MB
      Shadowgrounds: 779.6MB
      Shadowground Survivor: 1.1GB

Source code for either Shadowgrounds game or Jack Claw is 2.7MB, Jack Claw Editor/Assets are 488MB, and the 3 sound tracks range between 70 and 135MB.

Comment

Thank you. Are any of these game suitable for children(age 4 and 6)?

Comment

Here's the age suggestions:

Trine - 12 years (also younger ones can play with adult supervision, it's fantasy violence and lighthearted)
          Shadowgrounds - 16 years
          Shadowgrounds Survivor - 16 years
          Jack Claw 16-18 years (not rated officially, but the most violent game of these)
          Splot - 3-6 years (will take 2-3 months until the game is available)

So Splot will definitely be alright, and Trine might be ok if you're playing with them - there is fighting against skeletons and other creatures, so it's hard to say for sure and probably depends on the kids and their exposure to other media/games. The other games I wouldn't recommend for kids, they are violent.

Comment

Trine is similar to a side-scrolling platformer, includes skeletons/undead as enemies. Might require more coordination than a 6 year old can provide as well. Not sure about the others.

Comment

Thank you for both. Have to limit children computer use a lot anyway so one new game should be enough by now

Comment

Does anyone else feel like $0.01 purchases shouldn't be allowed? From an economical point of view it's worse than piracy due to the transaction handling fees...

Comment

I know the devs have been ideally against enforcing a pricing restraint of any type. I personally think that it should be required a person pays at least 50 cents or something.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelFB View Post
                    The Intel situation is also a factor and has indeed prevented many people from enjoying the games (you can always get a refund from the Humble guys btw). This is something we most likely will never be able to fix unfortunately.
                    I think Intel and Gallium drivers are working now, if you're willing to compile Mesa from git master and install the S3TC lib.

Comment

@JoelFB
                      You updated the Trine installer, but instead of fixing "undefined symbol: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_stream" now you require a newer GLIBCXX_3.4.14. What's the logic behind that when the game runs with lenny but the installer does not? Maybe ask Svartalf how to create a correct installer. Of course i can do something like that:
                      Code:
                      INSTALLER=Trine-1.32.run
                      DIR=$HOME/trine
                      DESKTOP=$(strings $INSTALLER|grep -F .desktop)
                      unzip -d $DIR $INSTALLER
                      strings $INSTALLER|grep -A7 Desktop|sed "s|%s|$DIR|" >$DIR$DESKTOP
                      cd $DIR
                      ./createShortcuts.sh desktop menu
                      That works for the other games too, just change the first 2 lines to whatever you need. But that also shows that your create/removeShortcuts.sh code is stupid. Change:
                      Code:
                      DESKTOPDIR=$(xdg-user-dir DESKTOP)
                      to this line to get rid of the stupid error when xdg-user-dir is not there:
                      Code:
                      DESKTOPDIR=$(xdg-user-dir DESKTOP 2>/dev/null)
                      Instead of
                      Code:
                      [ "$DESKTOPDIR" == "" ]
                      use
                      Code:
                      [ -z "$DESKTOPDIR" ]
                      and then "#!/bin/sh" will will work - no bash needed anymore - basically you can replace the "==" by "=" too - that still does not look nice but would be dash/POSIX compatible.

Comment

Working...
                      X