X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcgeny
    replied
    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Sure it is. And Judgment Day is May 21 of this year http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/
    lauching missile on the pentagon , can not be made without some government orders

that fact it was not a plane , makes sure the "benladen" 's one , was carrying back some terrorists that worked to made this day like that .

of course , it was not said on www.ebible.god....
    may be soon it will

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by jcgeny View Post
    about the journalistic error : it is surely nearly the same kind of it that made gwbush and his gvt create this "Pearl Harbor" for US Surety ;']
    Sure it is. And Judgment Day is May 21 of this year http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

Leave a comment:

• jcgeny
    replied
    Originally posted by moonlitfire View Post
    What you're referring to is the BBC reporting WTC7 collapsing before it did. ...
    You can't really compare Phoronix trying to discover any information about Steam games coming to Linux to a journalistic error that happened on 9/11. Not only that but it's off topic as well. We're talking about two completely different things here.
    cool you know this .
    about " Phoronix trying to ...formation about Steam " : i find it normal . those who likes their os would like to play some good games with it . in here it seems they like hl2 : they added it to their benches ;']

about the journalistic error : it is surely nearly the same kind of it that made gwbush and his gvt create this "Pearl Harbor" for US Surety ;'] ... .
    i do not work in tv or news , i am sure the pentagon was hit by a missile , the plane was used to send back to usrahell the terrorists that installed the explosives and a part of gold that were in the wtc1&2 :-> that was not the benladen family in the only plane allowed to fly [ back 2 middle est ] .

it is cooler to take so much about arabs when someone live in a country where "Drug resistant bacteria are found in nearly half of US meat and poultry"

bon appetit ['8
    and good work cleaning that shit

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by mirv View Post
    Yes, and they're forced to retract comments that are false. Magazines make up lies all the time - and get sued by the people they're defaming all the time too (even then, those magazines don't actually say anything official, but enter it into gossip columns).
    They are sued for Libel not for printing false stories. It is not illegal to falsify news in the U.S., if retractions are printed it is because said organization doesn't want to lose readership and be known as an organization that just pulls stories out of its ass.

Leave a comment:

• moonlitfire
    replied
    I'm not the one going on about ad revenues. I have mentioned, however, that it's good people don't believe any of it, which means Valve likely aren't concerned enough about such postings to bring any pressure on phoronix.
    The part of false information refers to another item, which I'm sure I don't need to go into.
    I was also backing up a point I made that this sort of "news" isn't news, it's gossip, and there's no journalism involved. Posting it as news, however, degrades the site. So I'll keep referring to this as the "phoronix blog" and not believe anything unless verified from elsewhere.
    Will Steam and/or Source come to Linux? Well, if it does, it does. I don't think Valve are going to rule it out. Not ruling it out, however, doesn't mean they're going to.
    I don't follow Garry mods twitter feed, and I nor have I ever talked to any Valve representative. Therefore if someone says something that may "look like" (which is what the article was referring to as its in the title) Steam might be coming to Linux, I want to know. The investigation part stems from following leads as to what may or may not be evidence of this sort of thing happening. It is an investigation, and albeit an open investigation at that. Not every lead Michael is going to post is going to turn out to provide evidence in favor of Steam coming to Linux, and in that's what happened in this case. There were plenty of indicators in the article stating this.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    You're assuming you've been misled or lied to. This argument is turning circular due to this fact. At any rate if you truly believe this whats stopping you from lawyering up and suing Phoronix and getting all that ad revenue Michael is supposedly filthy rich with?

I think the argument that you're somehow being lied to or misled here is weak at best.

This is what was stated in the article:

"This could also simply be in reference to a dedicated Linux server build of Garry's Mod, but regardless a big day is coming up."

The title is clear enough as well. I'm also still waiting for someone to point out where Michael doesn't actually believe Steam is coming to linux. In fact based on some the posts in this very thread there are a few people claiming they believe Steam and its games are coming to Linux anyway.
    I'm not the one going on about ad revenues. I have mentioned, however, that it's good people don't believe any of it, which means Valve likely aren't concerned enough about such postings to bring any pressure on phoronix.
    The part of false information refers to another item, which I'm sure I don't need to go into.
    I was also backing up a point I made that this sort of "news" isn't news, it's gossip, and there's no journalism involved. Posting it as news, however, degrades the site. So I'll keep referring to this as the "phoronix blog" and not believe anything unless verified from elsewhere.
    Will Steam and/or Source come to Linux? Well, if it does, it does. I don't think Valve are going to rule it out. Not ruling it out, however, doesn't mean they're going to.

Leave a comment:

• moonlitfire
    replied
    Yes, and they're forced to retract comments that are false. Magazines make up lies all the time - and get sued by the people they're defaming all the time too
    You're assuming you've been misled or lied to. This argument is turning circular due to this fact. At any rate if you truly believe this whats stopping you from lawyering up and suing Phoronix and getting all that ad revenue Michael is supposedly filthy rich with?

I think the argument that you're somehow being lied to or misled here is weak at best.

This is what was stated in the article:

"This could also simply be in reference to a dedicated Linux server build of Garry's Mod, but regardless a big day is coming up."

The title is clear enough as well. I'm also still waiting for someone to point out where Michael doesn't actually believe Steam is coming to linux. In fact based on some the posts in this very thread there are a few people claiming they believe Steam and its games are coming to Linux anyway.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    You're wrong about this. It's called investigative journalism, and plenty of professional news agencies do it.
    Yes, and they're forced to retract comments that are false. Magazines make up lies all the time - and get sued by the people they're defaming all the time too (even then, those magazines don't actually say anything official, but enter it into gossip columns).
    Now if phoronix had a gossip column, or was linked to from semiaccurate, it'd be a different story.
    Interesting you chose the word "investigative" there too - obviously there was no investigation into this particular thread's topic. Not even a confirmation email to the mod author.
    Granted this particular posting reads more like a Women's Day gossip section, but it's still beating a dead horse.

Leave a comment:

• moonlitfire
    replied
    Originally posted by jcgeny View Post
    after 11/9/2001 and journalists saying "live" that building wtc7 had fallen before it really did ....
    are you sure of what you think and write ?
    What you're referring to is the BBC reporting WTC7 collapsing before it did. Have you ever worked in TV or News? When the heat is on mistakes get made. It's the direct result of trying to get news out to people ASAP. What you see in that particular case is a predicted collapse being reported as a collapse. At the time the FDNY had pulled back, and Brian Williams even reported: "What we’ve been fearing all afternoon has apparently happened. We’ve been watching number seven World Trade, which was part of the ancillary damage of the explosion and collapse of the other two."

You can't really compare Phoronix trying to discover any information about Steam games coming to Linux to a journalistic error that happened on 9/11. Not only that but it's off topic as well. We're talking about two completely different things here.

Leave a comment:

• jcgeny
    replied
    .... It's called investigative journalism, and plenty of professional news agencies do it.
    after 11/9/2001 and journalists saying "live" that building wtc7 had fallen before it really did ....
    are you sure of what you think and write ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X