It's things like this that make me glad I do my gaming on Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's things like this that make me glad I do my gaming on Linux

After reading How publishers punish us for buying new games and DRM run amok: how Bioware and EA are screwing users right now I don't regret doing my gaming on my Linux box or my Wii console.
    Sure, I miss out on the AAA titles, but if the poor folk's experiences in those articles is what I can look forward to, count me out.

Besides, I have more games stockpiled up than I have time to play anyways.

fortunately i've got tons of movies to watch on my PC (couldn't afford TV) linux saves my day every single day, few native good games, cross-over to expend the fun (games of course)! the only console i ever had was a gameboy 1st gen. first biggest deception was getting starcraft 2 normal edition with limited online time 6 miserable months (played twice online) then BF:BC2 unfinished game with no more updates... EA made clear that players and dumper than flies!!!

Anyway thankfully we have the Humble Bundle to save the day and few emulators to play those old games that until now can be played! I wish Unigine would drop DRM but they need it for now otherwise they won't get paid for making games for us....

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      what da fuck???? limited online game time in an massive online gaming strategic game?? LOLLLLLLL ...

really??? you are kidding ??
      no kidding at all you buy the normal edition game and you get 6 month online! oh the worst thing is it doesn't show on the dvd box cover!!! now try to feel the rage that i got when i read that will installing the game... Oh another thing, you buy the game and you also discover that you have only the terran main campaign and get a Protoss mini campaign... so you pay USD 60 to buy 1/3 of the game and you have to wait until the "ADD-ONs" are made available (add-on my arse honestly!)
      Originally posted by WIKIPEDIA
      It is split into three installments: the base game with the subtitle Wings of Liberty, and two upcoming expansion packs, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void.
      what a rubbish game honestly stick the the first one which is much better and doesn't eat your HDD just to play 1/4 of the time spend playing the original StarCraft.

Comment

The normal edition of StarCraft II has no time limitation. (Except Bnet service will be shut down in 10 years or so)

Comment

online gaming has a time limitation...

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
            No. 123456

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
              Hmm, after some googling I've found that in Latin America there is indeed a 6 month limited version of the starcraft 2 game going for half the price ($30 US) of the full game. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X