Here's The Third Humble Indie Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Qaridarium

As you see now, your oss tests are really lame when you don't use gallium. When i test something then i really use the current code. If you would use Kanotix then you can use:

But i will not adopt that to Ubuntu - library switching is too complicated. If you run it, then "update-alternatives --config gl_conf" will be broken. Today i added support for 32 bit mesa with a 64 bit system. That was really hard but should work now. Using gallium all 3 games start, but trine has got some color problems. The script might work with pure debian, for sid you have to change one line in the mesa script. I dont test for kdm or whatever currently, i just use kdm. Maybe i change that part later.

Comment

• Even with more extensions, if r600g is locked to 20fps by a cpu bottleneck (as in the recent article with monster cards), r600c might still be better to use...

Comment

• @Qaridarium

Only trine has got a 64 bit executeable. You need a 32 bit mesa when you want to try the others. thats much harder to compile, my script has got no U support for that. Also natty would be competely different as this is mulitarch now. In order to test 32 bit capabilities you need to use a 32 bit glxinfo from a mesa-utils 32 bit package.

Comment

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
          I doubt it's rendering okay on nv50, since it seems to be a general problem with Mesa and not driver specific, OTOH I could very well be wrong.
          Looks like I was wrong, as someone else has reported it as rendering okay on nvc0. I should learn not to jump to conclusions, sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
            do we have 2011?? no one use a 32bit OS............

o man...
            According to the latest openSUSE 11.4 download stats, 32-bit versions are still the most downloaded ones, although the difference isn't much. I'm still using Archlinux i686 myself because the laptop where it's installed doesn't have 64-bit extensions. Although I agree that it's about time people start moving to 64-bit when the system allows it.

Comment

• Considering that the 386 was introduced in 1985 and it wasn't until 1995 that 32-bit software became more mainstream, it seems to be normal for major architecture shifts to take around 10 years before becoming the norm rather than the exception.

Comment

• Well with r600g there are some stabiliy problems currently. r300g is much more stable, but trine has got wrong colors even when it "runs" compared to binary drivers. Thats the same for all mesa drivers. If you only get the message that you would need a sm 3.0 card then your mesa is just too old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  do we have 2011?? no one use a 32bit OS............

o man...
                  yes we have 2011. And im still using 32bit with pae kernel.
                  upgraded since ubuntu 7.04 to 11.04. Been too lazy to go to 64bit
                  since back then there were all kinds of problems on 64bit, which now ofc are solved.

Trine worked nicely out of the box, no pulseaudio issues also.
                  F8 and /show_fps 1 shows constantly at 60 fps with small drops to 50 when a lot of physics on the screen.
                  amd x2 6000+ 3,2ghz, 6GB ddr2 800mhz, radeon 5770 1gb (850 gpu, 1200 mem).

blurry rendering got somewhat fixed with that: http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3380

only problem remaining now is that AA and AF doesnt work for me in Trine with 11.4 catalyst preview drivers. While AA and AF work on other native games such as Amnesia the Dark Descent.

Comment

• Well "yesterday" it was stable again, no idea if the userspace of the updated kernel fixed it. But i would really like to see your screenshots of trine from your system. Maybe just at the beginning with different drivers. For me it definitely looks different.

Comment

• Trine itself is well worth the price of the bundle, whatever you pay for it. Very entertaining.

Now I just hope that the lighting problem is fixed soon, because you can't really see much as it is.

Unfortunately, the Shadowgrounds games need s3tc + r600g, and in 32 bits, and these things don't exist in gentoo. And crosscompiling is a pain in the ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X