Here's The Third Humble Indie Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    I am a bit disappointed, Frozenbyte does not seem to be able to create installer packages (all 3!) that run with Debian lenny. Ok, the installer works with Debian squeeze, but in my current gfx test system with Intel Q45 i only get a message that Shader Model 3.0 is missing. Well, will put back a gfx card tomorrow...
    There is one lonely bug report

but apparently it's dup of:
    RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by turol View Post
      Crash location is not inside the game binary but possibly your graphics driver. Mesa driver is not officially supported and has not been tested.
      This is understandable, but it's still useful to post about such crashes with Mesa, as it is often based on a driver bug. Many driver developers post here, and it can get the free drivers fixed.

Many indies were broken on free drivers, and then worked soon afterwards, such as Amnesia.

I'm looking forward to playing the games from the bundle on open drivers in any case! I got the first bundle, missed the second one by mistake, but I'll be getting the third one to support the developers.

Comment

Originally posted by dcc24 View Post
        I've just downloaded Trine 32 bit from the bundle, and it crashes with the following:

Code:
        Got signal 11 at (nil) from 0xb56c1dfb
        ./trine-bin32[0x8078188]
        [0xb77f840c]
        ./lib32/libxcb.so.1(xcb_send_request+0x3b)[0xb56c1dfb]
        /usr/lib/libxcb-glx.so.0(xcb_glx_query_version+0x61)[0xb56d8701]
        /usr/lib/libGL.so.1(+0x1b3e0)[0xb6cc23e0]
        Aborted
        Using kernel 2.6.38.2, xorg-server 1.10, xf86-video-ati 6.14.1, mesa 7.10.2 (using r600g).
        If using the system libxcb doesn't fix it, you should install the symbols for mesa so you can see what function is crashing, and file a bug report to mesa. I'd say your chances of getting a fix are reasonably high since r600g is under quite a bit of development.

Comment

I'm having problems with both Trine and Shadowgrounds. Trine, with sound enabled crashes a tiny way into the loading screen and prints this to the CL:

ALSA lib pcm_pulse.c:725_snd_pcm_pulse_open) Unknown field hint
          Got signal 11 at (nil) from (nil)
          ./trine-bin32[0x8078188]
          [0xa2140c]
          Aborted (core dumped)

With sound disabled (in the Advanced options), it get (almost?) all of the way through then crashes with this:

Got signal 11 at (nil) from 0x81629be
          Aborted (core dumped)

Shadowgrounds works with sound disabled, but enabling it results in an immediate crash and similar error to the previous one:

Any ideas?

Comment

I don't think Trine will work with Mesa drivers yet

They're already discussing it on this bug report, it's missing an old extension (ATI_draw_buffers).

Comment

The three main game from this pack crash:

64BIT :

./trine-bin64[0x433c98]
              /lib/libpthread.so.0(+0xfbd0)[0x7f6e96358bd0]
              Aborted

32BIT :

Got signal 11 at (nil) from 0xf587fdfb
              ./trine-bin64[0x8078188]
              [0xf7798410]
              ./lib32/libxcb.so.1(xcb_send_request+0x3b)[0xf587fdfb]
              ./lib32/libxcb-glx.so.0(xcb_glx_query_version+0x61)[0xf5530391]
              //usr/lib32/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so.1(+0x1d399)[0xf6c55399]
              //usr/lib32/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so.1(+0x1a54a)[0xf6c5254a]
              //usr/lib32/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so.1(glXChooseVisual+0x36)[0xf6c53656]
              ./lib32/libSDL-1.2.so.0(+0x3ecbc)[0xf749fcbc]
              ./lib32/libSDL-1.2.so.0(+0x44602)[0xf74a5602]
              ./lib32/libSDL-1.2.so.0(SDL_SetVideoMode+0x1f1)[0xf7492a01]
              ./trine-bin64[0x813ac28]
              ./trine-bin64[0x81bb61b]
              ./trine-bin64[0x8390a6b]
              /lib32/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf3)[0xf5ffd0f3]
              Aborted

Comment

I bought the first humble bundle and afaik the source code was released for all games in that package which is great on two counts:

1. It allows for the making of community mods, which can give the buyer further enjoyment out of the games.
                2. It allows for porting to platforms not supported by the official release.

Now given that the source code is released through GPL, but that the graphics/sound remains proprietary it means that there's no major drawback for the game creators to release the source. In order to have the full game experience you still have to buy the game, only that you as the customer are given a better product since having the source code opens up possibilities (aforementioned porting and mods).

I don't know if the latter bundles also released source but I'm hoping that many of the games within them did.

Comment

Originally posted by turol View Post
                  Crash location is not inside the game binary but possibly your graphics driver. Mesa driver is not officially supported and has not been tested. Can you install proprietary ATI driver?

Please provide your opengl extensions string from glxinfo.

Turo Lamminen
                  Alternative Games
                  Here are the supported extensions for r600g using Mesa 7.10.2:
                  Code:
                  OpenGL extensions:
                      GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_depth_texture, 
                      GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, 
                      GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, 
                      GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, 
                      GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, 
                      GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_multisample, 
                      GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, 
                      GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, 
                      GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export, 
                      GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, 
                      GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, 
                      GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, 
                      GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, 
                      GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, 
                      GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, 
                      GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, 
                      GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, 
                      GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_window_pos, 
                      GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color, 
                      GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, 
                      GL_EXT_blend_logic_op, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, 
                      GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_copy_texture, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, 
                      GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, 
                      GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, 
                      GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, 
                      GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, 
                      GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_point_parameters, 
                      GL_EXT_polygon_offset, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, 
                      GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, 
                      GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, 
                      GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_subtexture, 
                      GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, 
                      GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, 
                      GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, 
                      GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, 
                      GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_texture, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, 
                      GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, 
                      GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_OES_EGL_image, GL_OES_read_format, 
                      GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, 
                      GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, 
                      GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, 
                      GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, 
                      GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_INGR_blend_func_separate, 
                      GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_MESA_window_pos, GL_NV_blend_square, 
                      GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, 
                      GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, 
                      GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, 
                      GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, 
                      GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays
                  Mesa 7.11 (currently in development) has support for a few extra extensions. Maybe the needed ones are in there?

Comment

Originally posted by sobkas View Post
                    I had similar problem with 32bit version of Trine.
                    You might want to move somewhere else two libraries from lib32 folder(game):
                    libX11.so.6
                    libxcb.so.1

This should fix your problem(if you have proper 32bit environment).

Apparently there are some incompatibilities between libraries bundled with games(including shadowgrounds and survivor) and system ones:

Of course, I'm only speculating.
                    Well, it didn't work. Though the error changed a bit:
                    Code:
                    ./trine-bin32[0x8078188]
                    [0xb77b240c]
                    Aborted
                    And yes, this is a proper 32bit env, not a chroot.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                      If using the system libxcb doesn't fix it, you should install the symbols for mesa so you can see what function is crashing, and file a bug report to mesa. I'd say your chances of getting a fix are reasonably high since r600g is under quite a bit of development.
                      Just tried that, didn't work. I'll probably do end up filing a bug report. Hopefully, this will result in a few additional GL extensions being supported in Mesa.

Comment

Working...
                      X