Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's The Third Humble Indie Bundle

Phoronix: Here's The Third Humble Indie Bundle

It's now time for another "Humble Indie Bundle" whereby you pay what you want for a set of DRM-free, multi-platform games. This time around it's being dubbed "The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle" with two of the five titles coming from the Frozenbyte game studio...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTMxOQ

All five games have native Linux clients, per the Humble Indie Bundle requirements.
    The video says that Jack Claw is Windows-only. They claim the source code will be released, but there's no mention that it'll be compile-able on Linux.

Comment

Previously, the game source code may have been released, but the assets remain the property of the developers.
      Still only played the demo of Shadowgrounds (which is not a first person shooter), so it'd be good to properly buy and play those games.

Comment

These games are too cool. This time I will spend more money

Comment

Doesn't look quite as good as the other 2 IMHO, + Jack claw is Windows Only? I'll probably just buy the next one, bought the other two.

Comment

Well, Trine and Survivor just look awsome. Finally some action... Just hope they will work with Mesa.

Comment

latest tweet from Jeffrey Rosen (humble bundle twitter account):

It is hard to keep a secret on the internet

Comment

And I just got Shadowgrounds: Survivor the other day. I'm fine with it actually since it means I will have an actual disc copy of the game with booklet, case, and the works. Plus I'll still get the bundle mostly for Trine, though Jack Claw looks interesting. I have no idea what Splot is but I guess I'll find out. On the down side I won't be able to spend as much on the bundle as I have on the past two (since I just plunked down some $$ for Shadowgrounds: Survivor) but I won't be a total chapskate and will most likely still dish out more than the average. It's for a good cause(s) after all.

Comment

Originally posted by bananaoomarang View Post
                  Doesn't look quite as good as the other 2 IMHO,
                  Actually I was thinking the opposite. Trine and Shadowgrounds are at least something that doesn't look like a flash game or a game with dated looking graphics.

Comment

I'll wait until all games work on Linux. With the impending source release I'm sure it won't take long. The question is, will I be allowed to buy it when that time comes?

Comment

Working...
                    X