X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Sixpack
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Heh, just tired of seeing yet another MMO when good single player games are lacking.
    Thought it was just me. Linux doesn't even have a good single player FPS, yet alone a single player RPG.

Single Player > Multiplayer. I just like multiplayer games for a change of pace.

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
    Me too. We already have a wonderful commercial AAA tittle mmorpg with linux suport like Ryzom.
    I agree, I can't imagine them being more successful than Ryzom. Ryzom already has problems finding enough players to stay in business and they are available on all plattforms.

I think it is a huge mistake to develop a game where you have to pay a monthly fee.

Leave a comment:

• Khudsa
    replied
    Heh, just tired of seeing yet another MMO when good single player games are lacking.
    Me too. We already have a wonderful commercial AAA tittle mmorpg with linux suport like Ryzom.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranguvar View Post
    Harsh

Leave a comment:

• Ranguvar
    replied
    Can I pledge $100 for them not to develop another MMORPG?
    Harsh

Actually, I was thinking about how I've heard a lot of talk recently that push-button MMOs are reaching end-of-life. I think there's some merit to that discussion, and certainly it's sad to see an open-source MMO right when that variant reaches the beginning of the end.

To clarify, I'm not saying push-button MMOs will die off in the next few years, but that they are at the start of a slow decline as the next generation (Blizzard's Titan?) take their place.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Can I pledge $100 for them not to develop another MMORPG?

Leave a comment:

• Sacha
    replied
    I pledged $100. I hope it becomes something decent.
    They aren't taking money now (I thought it would) but I'd be willing to give that $100 for a decent Linux-focused MMORPG.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    amd64 will come; oilrush has 64bit binaries. mmt just didn't make one here, but the engine is fine with it.

I've pledged as well. Anything to realistically support Linux game dev.

Leave a comment:

• allquixotic
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Do I mean that?
    Hehehehehehehe!

Either you have an NDA'ed build of source on Linux from Valve, or you're pulling everyone's leg with the Duke Nukem Forever ^H^H^H Steam on Linux sell again.

Oh btw, I am the guy who reported in for this article... I was dead wrong that it doesn't work with Mesa. It works as long as you have one of the supported drivers that works with libtxc_dxtn. You just need to hope that your driver has been optimized enough, and you have recent enough hardware, to get more than single-digit FPS in the otherwise correctly-rendered game world.

One more gripe: It's only x86 as of this writing. Where's amd64?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
    Obviously you mean source on wine on linux.
    Do I mean that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X