Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine OilRush Game Is Coming To Steam

Phoronix: Unigine OilRush Game Is Coming To Steam

Unigine's OilRush game has been available for pre-order for a few weeks now (which also grants users access to betas of this real-time strategy game until its June launch), but to date they've sold less than 1,200 copies. Fortunately, there's two major changes to be announced very soon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'll be sure to buy OilRush from Steam on Linux when this happens.

Comment

demo would be nice

Comment

Needing to buy the game for each platform was the biggest complaint here on the forums last week. With that complaint resolved, let's hope that people start purchasing instead of finding other reasons to complain.

Comment

So I SHOULD buy the game if I'm really a linux fan?
          I usually don't buy games just because trailer seems fun.
          Unless there are reviews or demo, I'm waiting.

Comment

If I can get one license for this that will work on both linux and windows I'll buy it! I have an OS mix on my machines.

Comment

I already bought it, but I'm very happy that I will be able to install it on Windows as well. Good move Unigine!

Comment

FWIW I'm planning to buy a Linux copy of Oil Rush once my new graphics card is delivered and setup.

As much as I appreciate AMD's open source driver efforts, no open source driver will run Oil Rush (due, I believe, primarily to mesa limitations), and since I'm using a non-Ubuntu and non-Enterprise distro (Arch) I've given up on the Catalyst drivers. So at moment I cannot run Oil Rush. I've had to get an Nvidia card for my Linux gaming fix.

Comment

Kudos on the push to Steam, Unigine guys! And the cross platform version distribution was definitely the way to go so far as political will is concerned. I just hope you keep making the right noises and doing the right things. Don't be Epic Software and we'll love you for it.

Comment

Originally posted by frostwyrm333 View Post
                    Unless there are reviews or demo, I'm waiting.
                    Here you can find some previews: http://oilrush-game.com/press/

Comment

Working...
                    X