X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lolren
    replied
    Originally posted by zeealpal View Post
    Did you mean using the the Gallium 3D State tracker for DX10/11?

I think that that would be the best way to go about it.

+1 To that idea
    yes, but is a know fact that most wine devs use nvidia (and the binary blob) (and this is the best to work with wine). sadly, nvidia does not support Gallium 3D, so it is a long shot to adopt that, at least for now.

Leave a comment:

• Remco
    replied
    Originally posted by grantek View Post
    I thought the removal of Win9X tests was interesting - almost sounds like Wine 1.2 is the last version to attempt to support bug-for-bug compatibility with Win9X.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who will want to run old/archaic/bug-dependent Windows 9X software in the future (even just for retro purposes), so I thought these people will be left with maintaining the 1.2 branch until ReactOS has equivalent support. Did some googling and found this though:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/wine-dev.../msg67102.html
    I wanted to ask some questions when this came up on the mailing list, but kept quiet because there was some controversy. Now that that's over, can someone explain what this really means?

What is the test suite used for? Why were tests marked broken for Win9x? What does that mean for Win9x compatibility?

Leave a comment:

• grantek
    replied
    I thought the removal of Win9X tests was interesting - almost sounds like Wine 1.2 is the last version to attempt to support bug-for-bug compatibility with Win9X.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who will want to run old/archaic/bug-dependent Windows 9X software in the future (even just for retro purposes), so I thought these people will be left with maintaining the 1.2 branch until ReactOS has equivalent support. Did some googling and found this though:

Right now all the test results that differ for win9x versions are marked
    as broken(), i.e. Wine intentionally makes an effort to NOT replicate it.
    So removing checks for (broken) results will change nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    Am I the only one who things that the wine developers have their priorities screwed up? How about making it actually run real useful and necessary software before messing with implementation of pointless graphical features that nobody really needs?
    You clearly have a firm grasp of how open source development works.

Ask a bunch of random people what they want from an open source project and you'll get a diverse set of opinions about what should be prioritized. But you know what? The persons submitting patches or other contributions get their itches scratched.

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    The problem is that WINE is not an Linux only program

Leave a comment:

• zeealpal
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    what ever happened to that legitimate dx10 and dx11 implementation into wine? if thats still happening, the wine developers should seriously ditch the open gl conversion into dx and focus more on the functionality of wine itself. seriously, all wine needs is a REAL dx and everything should be relatively easy from there on, making small tweaks here and there for any program or game that doesn't work for reasons irrelevant to graphics.
    Did you mean using the the Gallium 3D State tracker for DX10/11?

I think that that would be the best way to go about it.

+1 To that idea

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    what ever happened to that legitimate dx10 and dx11 implementation into wine? if thats still happening, the wine developers should seriously ditch the open gl conversion into dx and focus more on the functionality of wine itself. seriously, all wine needs is a REAL dx and everything should be relatively easy from there on, making small tweaks here and there for any program or game that doesn't work for reasons irrelevant to graphics.

Leave a comment:

• Remco
    replied
    The article could only have been clearer about that if Michael had understood it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• bhassel
    replied
    Looks like this is referring to "code" reflection not the graphical effect (the article could have been clearer on that...)

The Wine developers implemented methods needed for the ID3D11ShaderReflection interface, which returns information about a shader.

Leave a comment:

• pvtcupcakes
    replied
    What kind of reflection are we talking about here?

Mirrors or Reflection in computer programming.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X