Linux Gamers Command 90% Of Initial Unigine OilRush Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OilRush publicity is stating to come

It looks that the game is starting to get quite some publicity. LGDB has already announced the availability of the game http://www.lgdb.org/game/oilrush
    I bought the game on the day of release but still haven't played it. I use FOSS drivers with an ATI HD4850 and would prefer not to install fglrx.

@Unigine: I know some people have already asked, but is there any update regarding on whether you will allow the linux-version buyers to access the windows version of the game and viceversa? I am reluctant to buy the Windows version but would welcome the option to access the Windows version. I guess that in the worst case I would setup another partition in which I would install another Ubuntu with fglrx.
    In any case, good work and I wish you good luck with the sales!

Comment

I saw that in the other thread... that people said playing the tutorials teaches you how to play it. I just had about 5 mins to test it out this morning before work.

I don't know it for a fact... but I did notice on the download page, it listed 64 bit support.

Code:
          * Linux 32/64 bit
          * Amazing high-end graphics
          * Dynamic, fast and fun gameplay
          * Multi-player over LAN and Internet

Comment

Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
        It looks that the game is starting to get quite some publicity. LGDB has already announced the availability of the game http://www.lgdb.org/game/oilrush
        I bought the game on the day of release but still haven't played it. I use FOSS drivers with an ATI HD4850 and would prefer not to install fglrx.

@Unigine: I know some people have already asked, but is there any update regarding on whether you will allow the linux-version buyers to access the windows version of the game and viceversa? I am reluctant to buy the Windows version but would welcome the option to access the Windows version. I guess that in the worst case I would setup another partition in which I would install another Ubuntu with fglrx.
        In any case, good work and I wish you good luck with the sales!
        Unfortunately you have to use the binary driver provided by AMD. Here is my own testing: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...ighlight-.html

Comment

ok i bought the game. and it runs perty smooth on my radeon 5850 with fglrx. sound works too. tested on ubuntu 10.10 64bit.

but i will be glad have option to play this game on windows too without buying second time.

Comment

Originally posted by disi View Post
            Unfortunately you have to use the binary driver provided by AMD. Here is my own testing: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...ighlight-.html
            This is not unfortunately, this is fortunately, or more precise - obligatory. AMD wants you to use binary drivers. Because they(fglrx) are the only ones that are official.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
              This is not unfortunately, this is fortunately, or more precise - obligatory. AMD wants you to use binary drivers. Because they(fglrx) are the only ones that are official.
              AFAIK is AMD also activly involved in the developement of their open source drivers in the Linux kernel and as I just read it's a propertary extension missing in mesa:

And they might implement it soon, the user would have to accept the licence before he builds the driver...

Comment

AFAIK is AMD also activly involved in the developement of their open source drivers in the Linux kernel and as I just read it's a propertary extension missing in mesa:

And they might implement it soon, the user would have to accept the licence before he builds the driver...
                patch was put on git "On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:44 AM"
                So when I get home, I am going to build my radeon open source driver and the mesa package from Git and see what happens

Comment

patch was put on git "On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:44 AM"
                  So when I get home, I am going to build my radeon open source driver and the mesa package from Git and see what happens
                  You will be using unsupported drivers on windows hardware.

Comment

Got mixed up with the emails on mesa-dev nothing commited yet.

Comment

You can build marek's branch to try it.

Comment

Working...
                      X