• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic A New Trailer Of id Software's Rage

A New Trailer Of id Software's Rage

Phoronix: A New Trailer Of id Software's Rage

While we don't know when id Software will end up releasing a native Linux client for Rage, which is a game based upon their in-house id Tech 5 engine, their Windows release is slated for this September with development nearing completion. With the end in sight, id Software is beginning to put out more media and information on this very intriguing game, including a new very impressive trailer that was just released...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTE0MQ

• Adarion
    replied
    I think what people disliked was the level design as being linear and so on, and the game at all being more like a tech demo for id's engine.

Leave a comment:

• crispy
    replied
    Originally posted by gilboa View Post
    I couldn't disagree less.
    Doom3, played in the right setting (dark room, good 5.1 speaker setup) and good display (preferably full HD or above) was gut wrenching.
    Heck, I plan to replay it again (on my 27") once I have some free time.

My wife wanted to see what's making all the noise, stayed for 3 seconds and ran like crazy...

I do agree that it was pure mind-less-scare-the-living-shit-out-of-you type of game.
    .... But IMO, it was very good at that!

- Gilboa
    I can only agree. Doom 3 is on par with Amnesia in scaryness, and I plan on replaying it again as soon as I can try it with surround sound

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Doom3 was so bad
    I couldn't disagree less.
    Doom3, played in the right setting (dark room, good 5.1 speaker setup) and good display (preferably full HD or above) was gut wrenching.
    Heck, I plan to replay it again (on my 27") once I have some free time.

My wife wanted to see what's making all the noise, stayed for 3 seconds and ran like crazy...

I do agree that it was pure mind-less-scare-the-living-shit-out-of-you type of game.
    .... But IMO, it was very good at that!

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    I don't care for Linux port of this, as long as it runs in Windows, lol. With all the "XBOX-only" and "PS3-only" titles lately, I'm uber-happy to get a Windows version.

To those who say the graphics don't look that modern: The consoles are helping getting titles that actually run. Consoles don't get hardware upgrades so PC titles nowadays tend to run on hardware I bought two years ago. That's a good thing. Weill, until PS4 and a new XBOX are released, which should take some time.

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Now, if they'd just drop the stupid cyborg shit.

Leave a comment:

• oliw
    replied
    Michael are you paid every time you mention OilRush?

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    For those wondering....just use google translate on such short sentences. Works just fine. I can speak a little German and vouch for the results.

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied
    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    English reader's please ignore the following:

@Pfanne
    Ich glaub's erst wenn's bei heise steht.
    English reader's please ignore the following:

und ich glaub es erst wenn es einen 5 seiten expulsiv Artikel in der C't gibt.

Leave a comment:

• Plombo
    replied
    Re: Oh no, not Bethseda

Originally posted by kirillkh View Post
    Man, does this trailer ring a bell or what? I mean - do we really need a dubmed-down version of Fallout 3 (which is already dumb enough by any standard)? This almost looks like a troll. Oh wait, I think that actually IS a troll in the end of the trailer?!
    Bethseda is the publisher, not the developer. They are publishing it because they are a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media, the same company that owns id Software.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X