No announcement yet.

A New Trailer Of id Software's Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There may well be no official Linux port, but there could still be an unofficial client. id have a history of that.
    Either way, a Linux port will be done if it's done, and that's all anyone can really say at this point.

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks for linking to a video in a fashion that actually allows me to see it!!

Running Firefox 4 without Flash, I assume it's the native WebM support which kicked in for me (I have the HTML5 beta enabled for YouTube).

Comment

Re: Oh no, not Bethseda

Originally posted by kirillkh View Post
        Man, does this trailer ring a bell or what? I mean - do we really need a dubmed-down version of Fallout 3 (which is already dumb enough by any standard)? This almost looks like a troll. Oh wait, I think that actually IS a troll in the end of the trailer?!
        Bethseda is the publisher, not the developer. They are publishing it because they are a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media, the same company that owns id Software.

Comment

For those wondering....just use google translate on such short sentences. Works just fine. I can speak a little German and vouch for the results.

Comment

Michael are you paid every time you mention OilRush?

Comment

Now, if they'd just drop the stupid cyborg shit.

Comment

I don't care for Linux port of this, as long as it runs in Windows, lol. With all the "XBOX-only" and "PS3-only" titles lately, I'm uber-happy to get a Windows version.

To those who say the graphics don't look that modern: The consoles are helping getting titles that actually run. Consoles don't get hardware upgrades so PC titles nowadays tend to run on hardware I bought two years ago. That's a good thing. Weill, until PS4 and a new XBOX are released, which should take some time.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Doom3 was so bad
                  I couldn't disagree less.
                  Doom3, played in the right setting (dark room, good 5.1 speaker setup) and good display (preferably full HD or above) was gut wrenching.
                  Heck, I plan to replay it again (on my 27") once I have some free time.

My wife wanted to see what's making all the noise, stayed for 3 seconds and ran like crazy...

I do agree that it was pure mind-less-scare-the-living-shit-out-of-you type of game.
                  .... But IMO, it was very good at that!

- Gilboa
                  oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                  oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                  oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                  Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
                    I couldn't disagree less.
                    Doom3, played in the right setting (dark room, good 5.1 speaker setup) and good display (preferably full HD or above) was gut wrenching.
                    Heck, I plan to replay it again (on my 27") once I have some free time.

My wife wanted to see what's making all the noise, stayed for 3 seconds and ran like crazy...

I do agree that it was pure mind-less-scare-the-living-shit-out-of-you type of game.
                    .... But IMO, it was very good at that!

- Gilboa
                    I can only agree. Doom 3 is on par with Amnesia in scaryness, and I plan on replaying it again as soon as I can try it with surround sound

Comment

I think what people disliked was the level design as being linear and so on, and the game at all being more like a tech demo for id's engine.
                      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                      X