Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Indie Bundle #2 Rakes In $1.8 Million USD

Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Rakes In $1.8 Million USD

The Hunble Indie Bundle #2 was a huge success. After quickly generating $1M USD in sales over a short period of time and then adding all of the original Humble Indie Bundle #1 games too, the second bundle deal has now ended. This second Humble Indie Bundle took in more than $1.8 million US dollars; $1,822,724.06 to be exact...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Bough'd it for 8.5$. So happy that they reached over 1.75 million

Comment

Bought mine for $40 before they added the original bundle on top. Quite a sweet deal, well worth the money.

Comment

I bought mine at 15$ and did a gift (10$) to one of my friend.

Comment

it sux, i missed this one grrr.

i was supposed to get it in 24th or 25th, but i totally forgot during those "busy" days... :/

will have to wait for hb3 to get the second bundle included (hopefully!)

well, i still havent finished all my games from the first bundle, so at least i'll be entertained a while.

Comment

No market for Linux games, huh?

Now let's wait for the avarage price paid and devide the total income by it to see how many Linux sales there are.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              No market for Linux games, huh?

Now let's wait for the avarage price paid and devide the total income by it to see how many Linux sales there are.
              Why don't we just use some RIAA math to decide.

So the bundle is worth $85 (iirc). The previous bundle, which is included, is worth $80 (iirc). That's a total of $165. The bundle was sold 232,845 times. Also, 25% of the downloads for the first bundle were pirated, let's assume a similar number for the second bundle.

Using RIAA math, this means the guys could have raked in 232,845*1.33 (25% was pirated, you need to add one third to the legal 75% to get 100%)=310460*$165. If they would have simply asked the $165 the bundle was worth and loaded it with DRM to prevent piracy, they would have made OVER FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS! And we stole OVER FORTY NINE MILLION DOLLARS FROM THE DEVELOPERS!

We are criminals! I am a criminal! Oh noes!

So where was I..

Comment

me hate the RIAA

Comment

I want to see the data of the sales released.

Comment

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
                    I want to see the data of the sales released.
                    So would everyone else, really- myself, included, for several reasons. :-D Should be forthcoming here shortly.

Comment

Working...
                    X