Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we now have up an in-game video recording we mad today
    you mad?

sorry very bad first post, but i couldnt contain myself.
    Anyhow, greatly looking forward to Oilrush.
    Considering my tight budget i really hope the pricetag is as fair as you wrote it would be.

Comment

Will there be any ground combat?

Comment

tommis:

I bet no.

Comment

Wait a second...
          That boat driving through the buoy somewhere around 0:40m doesn't look right to me.
          Collision detection has not been fully implemented yet?
          Graphics are nice, though.

Comment

The graphics look pretty cool. I like how you can see a guy carrying a crate on one of the platforms. Collision detection seems to need some work as well as the grouping of units. The flight characteristics resemble a swarm of flying bugs rather than aircraft. I think some work needs to be done on that because it looks really hokey. Otherwise it looks like you have a cool game in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Wait a second...
              That boat driving through the buoy somewhere around 0:40m doesn't look right to me.
              Collision detection has not been fully implemented yet?
              Graphics are nice, though.
              Units movement is completely broken at the moment, there is an improved version in a separate branch.

Comment

Imo having parts of the UI blur while zooming/turning around etc. sucks. Other than that there is hardly anything to comment on, simply not enough information to gain from this video.

Comment

The gameplay reminds me of Z. I wonder if it's possible to constrain movement on water somehow. Just so that the map looks like map, not an empty field. Maybe minefields with no way to sweep?

Comment

Video

Video is slow like hell, but I guess most of CPU time was used on video encoding. Why don't you simply take HD camcorder and point to screen? Far from perfect, but still way better then this IMO. Engine itself looks awesome, of course. If I was Google, I would buy it, and build some decent set of games into Chrome OS. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mirza View Post
                      Video is slow like hell, but I guess most of CPU time was used on video encoding.
                      I highly doubt he was encoding on the fly while recording. That would be.... completely retarded.

Comment

Working...
                      X