Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MuPuF
    replied
    binstream: I know, that's what I meant but in an offensive way (implying you are not a major studio).

I'm looking forward to seeing a nice HD video (if possible).

Anyway, keep the good work up You're doing wonders on our Linux computers!

Leave a comment:

• binstream
    replied
    Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
    We need to see videos, not screenshots to be able to judge the graphics quality. The problem is, major studios usually photoshop their screenshots to add some blur before releasing them. I'm glad michael didn't do that!

When I look at Unigine videos, it is stunning of realism. When I see a screenshot, I feel more like "it's ok". This is the same with other games: http://images.totalgamingnetwork.com...screenshot.jpg (ID Software, rage).
    We NEVER edit screenshots, it's strictly forbidden in our studio. However videos give more without a doubt. I hope we'll record some gameplay videos next week and upload them on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• Znurre
    replied
    Originally posted by binstream View Post
    I don't know what was the problem with Michael's test system, but I have 25-30 FPS on my old GeForce 9600 GT / Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz in real battles with hundreds of units fighting. Linux, proprietary NVIDIA driver.
    He is using Ubuntu, which has low kernel frequency, among other things.
    http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/201...rformance.html

Also, it seems as if he's using compiz...

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    And call me pessimistic but screenshots are rather unimpressive. Everything looks plastic, and there are no little details to be spotted.
    We need to see videos, not screenshots to be able to judge the graphics quality. The problem is, major studios usually photoshop their screenshots to add some blur before releasing them. I'm glad michael didn't do that!

When I look at Unigine videos, it is stunning of realism. When I see a screenshot, I feel more like "it's ok". This is the same with other games: http://images.totalgamingnetwork.com...screenshot.jpg (ID Software, rage).

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Day 0 preorder, who is with me?

Leave a comment:

• anbog
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    If it gets released, I wonder what kind of DRM protection it'll have. I suppose no one wants per 90 days reactivation or activation based on hardware configuration.
    You could read the article before commenting and see that no DRM will be used..

Leave a comment:

• binstream
    replied
    Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
    your setting and resolution ? 1280*1024 ?
    Full HD (1920x1080), max settings.

Leave a comment:

• mum1989
    replied
    @mum1989 It was at maximum settings.
    ok
    not so bad

but I have 25-30 FPS on my old GeForce 9600 GT / Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz
    your setting and resolution ? 1280*1024 ?

Leave a comment:

• binstream
    replied
    Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
    Beautiful but unplayable on your config " a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 and Intel Core i7 970"
    15FPs only...
    Do You can change setting ?
    I don't know what was the problem with Michael's test system, but I have 25-30 FPS on my old GeForce 9600 GT / Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz in real battles with hundreds of units fighting. Linux, proprietary NVIDIA driver.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    If it gets released, I wonder what kind of DRM protection it'll have. I suppose no one wants per 90 days reactivation or activation based on hardware configuration.

And call me pessimistic but screenshots are rather unimpressive. Everything looks plastic, and there are no little details to be spotted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X