• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by binstream View Post
      Can you suggest one?
      There's really nothing wrong with Youtube. As long as you upload the video in one of their suggested formats the quality turns out great. (assuming the quality of the original video was great)

Comment

Looks like you'll have to decide whether you want to zoom up close for awesome detail, or zoom out for better strategic advantage (the ability to see enemies coming, overview your forces, etc.)

This is kinda what happened to me in Supreme Commander, too. The graphics there were rather not bad when zoomed way in, but doing that, you lose your strategic perspective.

Kind of an unfortunate fact about trying to make super high-detail strategy games, I guess... not sure how else you'd reconcile it, aside from making it turn-based, so you can view things up-close as long as you want, then do strategy, then repeat.

Other than that, it's exciting, and I'll preorder on day 0 to support Linux gaming!

Comment

I do love a good RTS, and I look forward to being able to preorder, to show a bit of support for linux gaming

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
            Looks like you'll have to decide whether you want to zoom up close for awesome detail, or zoom out for better strategic advantage (the ability to see enemies coming, overview your forces, etc.)

This is kinda what happened to me in Supreme Commander, too. The graphics there were rather not bad when zoomed way in, but doing that, you lose your strategic perspective.

Kind of an unfortunate fact about trying to make super high-detail strategy games, I guess... not sure how else you'd reconcile it, aside from making it turn-based, so you can view things up-close as long as you want, then do strategy, then repeat.
            i like it that way, these games dont really get outdated

you just give them up after you get tired of playing (which might take a while if you're an rts addict). But people always want new campaigns

Comment

oh and the engine makes it much faster/easier/cheaper to create nice cuts-cenes than trying to recreate them in cgi videos

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Because "all in all" hitting daily DL limits, wait times, bandwidth restrictions on a DDL service such a megadownloads suck ass. (not to mention the 10 million scam sites that like to pretend they are an official download site for the service).
                You can have your little private war against those sites for any obscure reason of your own, but no need to drag Phoronix in this. Each time there's talk about getting some footage without burdening Michael (or in this case OilRush authors), you come up and try to sell everybody your so-simple-to-setup torrent solution.

Whatever time Michael and others take trying to learn about setting up a torrent, it's time they don't spend on more important matters, like writing articles, testing or coding. Eventually it all ends up not working, and us users never see those videos, like all those conferences Michael goes to and records.

I'd rather propose a single click solution that takes them the 10 seconds necessary to type the address in a web browser, then you can get the file and setup the torrent yourself. In the meantime, we at least could watch those videos.

Comment

Originally posted by miles View Post
                  You can have your little private war against those sites for any obscure reason of your own, but no need to drag Phoronix in this. Each time there's talk about getting some footage without burdening Michael (or in this case OilRush authors), you come up and try to sell everybody your so-simple-to-setup torrent solution.

Whatever time Michael and others take trying to learn about setting up a torrent, it's time they don't spend on more important matters, like writing articles, testing or coding. Eventually it all ends up not working, and us users never see those videos, like all those conferences Michael goes to and records.

I'd rather propose a single click solution that takes them the 10 seconds necessary to type the address in a web browser, then you can get the file and setup the torrent yourself. In the meantime, we at least could watch those videos.
                  I have no issue about putting it up something like youtube, gamershell, etc. Megaupload, rapidshare, mediafire however full of mislinks and are blocked in some countries. There is however a tracker already in place and creating a torrent is childs play. If they can't do that then I highly doubt that they have the knowledge on how to write an article let alone code a game engine. A torrent takes about a minute to start. You can also have it in a multitude of formats so if you want WebM, h264, hell even indeo if you desire so as you can select which formats you want.

Comment

Look, they are all ready running a torrent tracker. The process is not foreign to them.

Real-time 3D engine / VR platform for Simulation & Training, 3D Digital Twins, CAD, BIM, GIS. 3D graphics and physics library for ะก++ and C# developers.

Windows version [231 Mb] (fast torrent download)
                    Linux version [233 Mb] (fast torrent download)
                    Windows version [57 Mb] (fast torrent download)
                    Linux version [56 Mb] (fast torrent download)
                    Windows version [30 Mb] (fast torrent download)
                    Linux version [29 Mb] (fast torrent download)

Torrenting is a fast, reliable way of distribution.

Comment

thx for the links , downloading

Comment

Working...
                      X