X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirv
    replied
    Originally posted by kayosiii View Post
    I use the trick of running Unigine as a windowed app but making the geometry the same as my screens resolution and getting KDE to hide the windows decorations. For some reason though KDE usually doesn't remember it's settings for unigine (it does for practically everything else).
    That trick won't work very well with multiple monitors, so I do hope the UI of oilrush can take that into account.

Leave a comment:

• kayosiii
    replied
    Originally posted by binstream View Post
    Can you suggest one?

Windowed mode doesn't grab your mouse, you can still use other applications. Alt+Tab works in Windows, but we still haven't implemented it in Linux because there is way too much different DEs with different key bindings.
    I use the trick of running Unigine as a windowed app but making the geometry the same as my screens resolution and getting KDE to hide the windows decorations. For some reason though KDE usually doesn't remember it's settings for unigine (it does for practically everything else).

Leave a comment:

• MaestroMaus
    replied
    Originally posted by nite View Post
    I was so going to buy it, until I've read (and realized) its not gonna run on opensource drivers. And there's no way I'm going to pollute my system with fglrx.

If I buy it anyway (or, more seriously, if the profit from the game is high enough), would Unigine pay one dev to work on improving Mesa and Gallium3D performance?

Hell, I'll probably buy it just for their support of Linux gaming anyway.
    Seriously, why don't you take his whole arm?

The guys over at Unigengine are being really nice and your still demanding more? How about this: you buy it and i'll promise you it will be playable on opensource drivers some time into the future...

Leave a comment:

• nite
    replied
    I was so going to buy it, until I've read (and realized) its not gonna run on opensource drivers. And there's no way I'm going to pollute my system with fglrx.

If I buy it anyway (or, more seriously, if the profit from the game is high enough), would Unigine pay one dev to work on improving Mesa and Gallium3D performance?

Hell, I'll probably buy it just for their support of Linux gaming anyway.

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    oilrush owns, cause of native linux support

Leave a comment:

• binstream
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Well you could send me a beta too, i usually find lot of basic errors. But i do not really like that game type, next time a 3rd or 1st person shooter please
    Even gamers who don't play strategies find OilRush to be fun.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    I guess there will be no holiday for our team this year.
    Don't go burning yourselves out.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well you could send me a beta too, i usually find lot of basic errors. But i do not really like that game type, next time a 3rd or 1st person shooter please

Leave a comment:

• binstream
    replied
    Originally posted by miles View Post
    Yes, thanks. I don't mind, just thought that we might have gotten unedited videos, but it's more important you concentrate on the game itself and (if possible) have a great holiday ;-)
    I guess there will be no holiday for our team this year.

Leave a comment:

• miles
    replied
    I guess you're fighting in a worthless war %)

We'll continue to use YouTube for sharing videos and torrent for distributing big files. Piece!
    Yes, thanks. I don't mind, just thought that we might have gotten unedited videos, but it's more important you concentrate on the game itself and (if possible) have a great holiday ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X