• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frozenfox
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Install coLinux and then use samba.
    Some images don't have one, others have 'root', and in some others, it is 'colinux'. Yes. coLinux tells Windows it is installing and using a fairly low level driver, and it needs administrative rights to do that. Of course, if you run as "Administrator" all the time, you won't notice this. Even if you do not run as administrator, you can start coLinux as a service and connect to it as a normal user. dieselnutjob : If you want to run Windows as a non administrative user then you can create a batc

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
    Wake me up when Windows can mount my XFS formatted external hard drive.
    Install coLinux and then use samba.

Leave a comment:

• Remco
    replied
    Originally posted by woegjiub View Post
    Firstly, *negligible.

Secondly, they are indeed negligible in the greater OS landscape for end-users, GNU/Linux moreso than OS X, but GNU/Linux users are far more likely to be the kind of technically inclined people who would find out about this, and are even more likely to support any developer they can who is producing quality GNU/Linux games due to a lack thereof.

I for one mainly purchased both bundles because it offered GNU/Linux versions (even though I actually run windows, I prefer GNU/Linux, and would run it if it were not so incompatible )

I am thinking it may hit ~1.3M
    Whatever the cause, Linux users are clearly buying games. Try selling them, and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• pvtcupcakes
    replied
    Originally posted by d4ddi0 View Post

try cygwin.

But enough bickering brethren! (and sistren, I suppose. and robots or uncertainly gendered folk. lets not leave anyone out ). This is a happy time!
    I'm still kicking myself for missing the first humble bundle, I snagged this one as soon as I saw it was available.
    Wake me up when Windows can mount my XFS formatted external hard drive.

Leave a comment:

• Wyatt
    replied
    Secondly, they are indeed negligible in the greater OS landscape for end-users, GNU/Linux moreso than OS X, but GNU/Linux users are far more likely to be the kind of technically inclined people who would find out about this, and are even more likely to support any developer they can who is producing quality GNU/Linux games due to a lack thereof.
    How are you defining negligible? In what world is $250,000 negligible? Wait....are you a Republican!? :P

I'm hoping to breach $1.5 million. But first, to get past last year's $1.2 million.

Leave a comment:

• d4ddi0
    replied
    Originally posted by Ragas View Post
    Try Wine.
    Linux is way more compatible to Windows than Windows to Linux.

try cygwin.

But enough bickering brethren! (and sistren, I suppose. and robots or uncertainly gendered folk. lets not leave anyone out ). This is a happy time!
    I'm still kicking myself for missing the first humble bundle, I snagged this one as soon as I saw it was available.

Leave a comment:

• Ragas
    replied
    I for one mainly purchased both bundles because it offered GNU/Linux versions (even though I actually run windows, I prefer GNU/Linux, and would run it if it were not so incompatible )

Try Wine.
    Linux is way more compatible to Windows than Windows to Linux.

Leave a comment:

• woegjiub
    replied
    Originally posted by crispy View Post
    Seems like neither mac or linux marketshares are negliable
    Firstly, *negligible.

Leave a comment:

• crispy
    replied
    Seems like neither mac or linux marketshares are negliable

Leave a comment:

• giselher
    replied
    perfect timing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X