Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday Surprise: What's On My Linux Gaming Desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    Very nice! Both the images and the less direct mention of we-all-know-what.

BTW, is that World of Padman running in the first pic?

Leave a comment:

• binstream
    replied
    Originally posted by Vadi View Post
    I hope that the interface style will be more refined in the final game. Don't really like the style of the buttons and other ui controls; they're okay for benchmarks and demos but not a polished gaming interface.
    There are 4 generations of GUI style in this build, Michael captured the oldest one =)

Actually this build was used today for focus-testing, so we concentrated mainly on the gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    Drops jaws...

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    I hope that the interface style will be more refined in the final game. Don't really like the style of the buttons and other ui controls; they're okay for benchmarks and demos but not a polished gaming interface.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    Psh. Shutter is way better for screenshots.

Awesome that you got an early preview, though! Can't wait for the beta signup announcement.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Michael,

Code:
    man import
    next time, please.

I understand you wanted to be a good photographer, but direct screenshots would have been a better viewing experience.
    Direct screenshots are coming as mentioned in the post... These were just quick photos I took to show it running on Linux and when I have the time and am done drinking Gluhwein I move onto the next work.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Michael,

Code:
    man import
    next time, please.

I understand you wanted to be a good photographer, but direct screenshots would have been a better viewing experience.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    Originally posted by DonkeyDragon View Post
    True, still it's interesting to see that there is some changes going on like the linux client actually being uploaded again and the finding of the new headers. Not sure what to think but it looks like michael could be right as it seems wierd for valve to make an update to headers that include new linux related stuff, after they confirmed not making a linux client.

Then again.. seeing that we're working with valve time and "they're not working on it right now", then it's what.. 2 years into the future?
    If a linux steam client comes, it'll come. Internally they've probably got stuff up & running on linux, and it gets leaked out sometimes - that's my take on it all.
    The real news here is on something more concrete - a better look and some impressions of oilrush coming soon. Unigine's shaping up to be a big deal for linux, so here's hoping that the first impressions are good.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by mirv View Post
    As much as all other steam linux "news" hasn't panned out, don't get your hopes up this time either - there was not even any steam news here, just a play on words, it doesn't mean anything.
    True, still it's interesting to see that there is some changes going on like the linux client actually being uploaded again and the finding of the new headers. Not sure what to think but it looks like michael could be right as it seems wierd for valve to make an update to headers that include new linux related stuff, after they confirmed not making a linux client.

Then again.. seeing that we're working with valve time and "they're not working on it right now", then it's what.. 2 years into the future?

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    As much as all other steam linux "news" hasn't panned out, don't get your hopes up this time either - there was not even any steam news here, just a play on words, it doesn't mean anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X