Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday Surprise: What's On My Linux Gaming Desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EarthMind
    replied
    Originally posted by tommis View Post
    You realise that phoronix is just giving you the facts? Those screenshots of steam were real and at no point did they say that steam is surely coming to linux.

I'm getting quite annoyed of the false claims myself.

Leave a comment:

• meklu
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Very nice! Both the images and the less direct mention of we-all-know-what.

BTW, is that World of Padman running in the first pic?
    Looks like Warsow to me.

Leave a comment:

• KameZero
    replied
    Originally posted by binstream View Post
    We plan to start pre-orderring OilRush with access to the early builds soon, but we need to record and cut some gameplay videos first.
    Is... is there like a preorder signup? Somewhere I can give you my credit card info and have it automatically charge it and download the beta when the preorders are up?

But seriously, the second it's possible to preorder/signup for something/play the game I'm all over it.

Leave a comment:

• tommis
    replied
    Originally posted by marakaid View Post
    What a coincidence, UT3 finally is denied, and very soon after that, there are "subtle" comments about Steam for Linux, Half-Life and Left 4 Dead.

Site owner, are you really that desperate for some audience? Are you so dependent on "publicity stunts" to get some more "advertisements viewing"?

More than 2 years waiting for that famous FPS Linux client is more than enough, don't repeat the trick again or you will lose the last inches of "respect" I still have for this site (based on some articles, the benchmarks, etc...) if you keep tainting your reputation with idiocy.

Phoronix is becoming too much of a stupid "Linux Tabloid".
    You realise that phoronix is just giving you the facts? Those screenshots of steam were real and at no point did they say that steam is surely coming to linux.

Leave a comment:

• Max Spain
    replied
    I think it should be pointed out that Michael was referring to WINE when he made those last comments

Leave a comment:

• marakaid
    replied
    What a coincidence, UT3 finally is denied, and very soon after that, there are "subtle" comments about Steam for Linux, Half-Life and Left 4 Dead.

Site owner, are you really that desperate for some audience? Are you so dependent on "publicity stunts" to get some more "advertisements viewing"?

More than 2 years waiting for that famous FPS Linux client is more than enough, don't repeat the trick again or you will lose the last inches of "respect" I still have for this site (based on some articles, the benchmarks, etc...) if you keep tainting your reputation with idiocy.

Phoronix is becoming too much of a stupid "Linux Tabloid".

Leave a comment:

• Adriano ML
    replied
    I hope the gameplay shapes up to the expectations!

I can't wait to test beta!

Leave a comment:

• binstream
    replied
    Originally posted by hiryu View Post
    Need anymore testers at this point? I have a GTX 480 (probably a 580 sometime in the near future), an i7 980x, and 12 gigs of memory.
    No, thank you. It was on-site testing in our studio, spent all day today on that.

We plan to start pre-orderring OilRush with access to the early builds soon, but we need to record and cut some gameplay videos first.

Leave a comment:

• hiryu
    replied
    beta test

Originally posted by binstream View Post
    There are 4 generations of GUI style in this build, Michael captured the oldest one =)

Actually this build was used today for focus-testing, so we concentrated mainly on the gameplay.
    Need anymore testers at this point? I have a GTX 480 (probably a 580 sometime in the near future), an i7 980x, and 12 gigs of memory.

Leave a comment:

• pvtcupcakes
    replied
    Oil Rush is cool and all, but I think it's more interesting that Michael uses an iPhone instead of an Android phone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X