Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday Surprise: What's On My Linux Gaming Desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yfrwlf
    replied
    Originally posted by tommis View Post
    You realise that phoronix is just giving you the facts? Those screenshots of steam were real and at no point did they say that steam is surely coming to linux.
    Yeah, he did, and on top of saying it was coming to Linux, he also said it was "official" when in no way was it officially stated anywhere. He just said that because of the existence of the Linux client.

In any case, it's a pity Oil Rush didn't make it out in time for xmas.

Leave a comment:

• M1AU
    replied
    Gl?hwein is spitze! And so seems OilRush.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Prey's story was the same one, but eventually it came out..,
    Ya, that's why I wouldn't be surprised if one day (read: possibly years from now) Ryan did release the UT3 client. We know the code is there, just sitting on his harddrive.....

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    And some we do know why and some release but never to the point of completion (such as Primal Rage and Serious Sam respectively).
    In actuality, we only fully know why Primal Rage went the way it did, but we don't have the full story on Serious Sam (Ryan, Croteam, and the publisher are the only ones that know the full story there like with UT3's story... For the longest time, Prey's story was the same one, but eventually it came out...)

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    And some we do know why and some release but never to the point of completion (such as Primal Rage and Serious Sam respectively).

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Well I'm of the opinion that I have to go with what was said from official sources until proven otherwise. We have all seen projects that were supposed to be coming to linux only to never been seen.
    Yeah, but in this case, people are taking the item from the official source as a denial...which in this case, it wasn't, knowing how PR-speak goes. You're right, though, we've had some that were coming and ended up not coming for reasons we're still guessing at (Looks Epic Games' way here...).

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Well I'm of the opinion that I have to go with what was said from official sources until proven otherwise. We have all seen projects that were supposed to be coming to linux only to never been seen.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Well things don't always come about.
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And that WAS from an official spokesperson.
    I'm aware of it. He's just been right often enough to give a smidge of a benefit of doubt his way. I'm sittin' on the fence on this one and seeing what unfolds.

We'll just have to see what comes in the coming months. I certainly didn't plan on being involved in a publication that's sold over 100k units so far when I took on the games I did over the last year and a half.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by binstream View Post
    There are 4 generations of GUI style in this build, Michael captured the oldest one =)

Actually this build was used today for focus-testing, so we concentrated mainly on the gameplay.
    It looks promising. Can't wait to see more of it.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    I don't hold that Michael's right- but I also don't count myself as one of the detractors here. He's done this before on several occasions and been perfectly right all along in spite of the nay sayers. We're going to just have to sit back and see.
    Well things don't always come about.
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And that WAS from an official spokesperson.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X