No announcement yet.

Humble Bundle #2 Breaches $900k, On Way To $1M USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time I'm also joining in the fun Very interesting to see that almost 25% of the income is from linux sales. It really helps to put that mythical 1%-market-share-not-a-viable-market-for-games issue in perspective. According to my rough calculations, approximately 16500 linux users have purchased the bundle so far, which means about 13% of all purchases. Mac represents about 25700 purchases, or about 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
      Last year I did an even split. This year, I did a split between the game devs and the HIB people themselves. I do respect the EFF, but I don't know how much I want to support the other charities, they seem a bit pointless.
      i think they need to add more charities.

Comment

And after that, will any editor of AAA title will finally understand that their is a true gaming linux market?
        Give me the name of any title that yield more than a million dollar in just three days. All Epic / Steam / EA / Crytek people, are you seeing that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
          And after that, will any editor of AAA title will finally understand that their is a true gaming linux market?
          Give me the name of any title that yield more than a million dollar in just three days. All Epic / Steam / EA / Crytek people, are you seeing that ?
          Grand Theft Auto 4 sold about $500 million, with a big part of that in the first week alone. Still, considering the huge difference in investment and advertising a million dollars is very good. This will probably reach 1.5 millions in the next 3 days.

Ok, that GTA4 example wasn't a fair comparision, because that's precisely THE game that has generated more gross income ever. Most top-notch games usually only generate about 20-50 million dollars in sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
            Pretty much any AAA title easily hits a million in 3 days. Don't forget as well that you are not getting just one game but multiple ones. I doubt any of those individual games on their own would set the same sales.

Comment

Heck just putting up a single iPhone game can easily generate that same revenue in a shorter amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Heck just putting up a single iPhone game can easily generate that same revenue in a shorter amount of time.
                Example requested. Happy pigs didn't exactly jump to insta-profits.

Comment

I guess iPhone is kinda hit or miss these days. Especially since there's exponentially more and more people trying to get a slice of the pie.

Comment

Any app is hit or miss on any platform, but given the choice, would you rather have the revenue from an app like Angry birds on the iphone or the revenue from this bundle?

Hint: Angrybirds generates a million dollars a month on ad revenue alone. That is not including the sales of the ad free version.

Comment

Yes, now. I thought we were talking the first three days?

Angry Birds' first three days made a whopping ten sales IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                      X