Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve's Alien Swarm Game For Linux?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    i can confirm the linux steam clind from a second source so for me its true the linux steam clind is coming for linux.

    no i can not show you my second source.
    You should start your own tech website and milk that information for as many page views as possible. Works for Phoronix.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Qaridarium
      i'm happy about phoronix
      It's a great site otherwise. I like how he pumps up all the drama on the xorg/kernel/etc lists, but that isn't ethereal speculation. Incidentally, I turned off adblock for a second....damn....

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Qaridarium
        ut3 used techniques of openGL3+ in a time the only openGL version for linux driver was 2.1

        and ut3 used nvidia physX and 3 years ago physX do not run on linux.


        today you can play ut3 on linux with wine if you have openGL3.3+

        and this makes an port very easy today!!!!!! but 3 years ago wine also can not run ut3.
        Bullshit, three years ago I was able to get UT3 running under Linux with wine. While I had some lag, it was possible to play it.

        Comment


        • #24
          Did anyone in this thread consider they might be waiting for the OS ATI drivers to catch up?

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
            Did anyone in this thread consider they might be waiting for the OS ATI drivers to catch up?
            Well then, what about noveau? Seems they would only worry about catalyst.

            Comment


            • #26
              The thing here that gets me skeptical is the fact that there is no actual meat in this code. No X11 or GLX calls, nada. Companies like blizzard have had wine 'sandbox detection' present for a while now in games like WoW and StarCraft II (they can detect they're running under wine).

              This code may be a similar sandbox detection routine, so that developers using tech similar to Blizzard's Warren (eg. : punkbuster) wont banhammer Linux users trying to play legitimately.

              Theres one good thing that noone can deny about this code though: They acknowledge that we (Linux gamers) exist, and in number enough to warrant not completely ignoring us (if only in the wine 'sandbox').

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by Havner View Post
                I might be willing to accept the bet. Just tell me why September? Do you know something? :-) (yeah, conspiracy theories)
                I am joining the bet. You will get another 50$ from me if it won't be here until September 2011.

                But it will.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  I am joining the bet. You will get another 50$ from me if it won't be here until September 2011.

                  But it will.
                  You still don't get it. It doesn't matter if it will be there or not. It's about Phoronix spreading unconfirmed information.

                  You as well might be sure that it will be there. Heck, you might even know that cause you work on it etc. But unless you can give some reliable source of information this is actually useless and qualifies as a rumor only. And should be presented as such.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Havner View Post
                    You still don't get it. It doesn't matter if it will be there or not. It's about Phoronix spreading unconfirmed information.

                    You as well might be sure that it will be there. Heck, you might even know that cause you work on it etc. But unless you can give some reliable source of information this is actually useless and qualifies as a rumor only. And should be presented as such.
                    Michael has mentioned several times that he has a reliable inside source within Valve telling him these things, he just can't mention the guy's name in public. Whether you believe Michael or not is up to you, but I'd say it's much better than a rumor. What I wouldn't have done was started claiming it was "official" like Phoronix did, because it's still unofficial until it's publicly announced.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by Qaridarium
                      i can confirm the linux steam clind from a second source so for me its true the linux steam clind is coming for linux.

                      no i can not show you my second source.
                      I can confirm that you and phoronix are just talking bollocks, and this is really all about raking in as much ad dollars as possible. I got this info from a highly reliable source. The source wishes to remain anonymous though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X