Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots Of The New Unigine-Based Linux Game

Phoronix: Screenshots Of The New Unigine-Based Linux Game

This morning we reported that another Linux game was announced and it's using the Unigine Engine. While not too many details are known yet about this fantasy role playing game (RPG), Dilogus: The Winds of War, we do have some screenshots to now share...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

These aren't screenshots. They're concept art.

Completely and utterly different things.

These aren't even guaranteed to be used for the final game. Concept art is usually generated in massive quantities, the "best" items in terms of both quality and feasibility are selected, and then initial content is built from those. That content is then further refined and cut based on quality (fun factor) and feasibility.

Comment

A fantasy RPG on Linux with decent graphics?

A tear came to my eye.

OMG, this week is to hard for my linux gamer heart.

Comment

That's concept art, it doesn't actually show the game's graphics.

Comment

Good screenshots but it's not Unigine engine - they are rendered offline in some visualization application like 3DS Max/Maya/something else.

Comment

Well whatever they are, it's enough for me. I will buy this.

Comment

love rpg's I'll buy it
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Screenshots? Looks like consept art to me.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  Good screenshots but it's not Unigine engine - they are rendered offline in some visualization application like 3DS Max/Maya/something else.
                  The stuff on the Digital Arrow page is actually screenshots from way back, when this was a Crytek mod. The stuff on the Dilogus page itself is just concept art.

And those screenshots on the Digital Arrow page are straight from the engine, no Maya.

Comment

Originally posted by OggVorbis View Post
                    The stuff on the Digital Arrow page is actually screenshots from way back, when this was a Crytek mod. The stuff on the Dilogus page itself is just concept art.

And those screenshots on the Digital Arrow page are straight from the engine, no Maya.
                    Have they taken those images down? http://www.indiedb.com/company/digital-arrow/images just gives me:

We're sorry, but no images were found in the gallery requested.

Comment

Working...
                    X