Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Those Hoping To See UT3 On Linux This Holiday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debiant View Post
    If you bought this game intending to play it on Llunx you should sue Epic games. They promised that a Linux client was coming and urged people to buy the windows versions in the meantime. That is just dirty. The Linux community really needs to stick it to lying companies that give us the shaft or we will always have a crappy selection when it comes to games. At a minimum epic should be boycotted.
    Well promises aren't worth the phpbb forums they are written on.

Comment

Originally posted by debiant View Post
      If you bought this game intending to play it on Llunx you should sue Epic games. They promised that a Linux client was coming and urged people to buy the windows versions in the meantime. That is just dirty. The Linux community really needs to stick it to lying companies that give us the shaft or we will always have a crappy selection when it comes to games. At a minimum epic should be boycotted.
      Me -> Bioware -> NWN

For those of you who weren't around back in the day, Bioware had--for at least a year prior to launch--been talking about a linux port and how they'd try to have one ready for simultaneous release. Well, there was some clamor on their forums for a couple of weeks leading up to the release about the status of the linux client and if it was indeed going to be released on launch day or closely thereafter.

There was zero feedback from Bioware during this period. The launch came and went and no linux client. People (including myself) who had bought the windows package expecting there to be a downloadable linux executable released in a timely fashion started going into a frenzy. Still no feedback at all from Bioware, and their forum mods started deleting linux-related threads. It was a giant cluster#@$%.

I'm happy that they eventually lived up to their word (mostly) and got a linux client out, but by that time I had moved well on from all things Bioware. I no longer take such promises at face value. Show me the product and I'll show you the money.

Comment

Working...
      X