No announcement yet.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't need to integrate it, just use the standalone flashplayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by m_gol View Post
      Thanks, I'll try it. Is there a way to integrate it back with a different version of Flash Player? I'd still prefer to run it in fullscreen outside of the browser...
      Load the swf in the standalone player (only available for 32bit it seems) and click "Create Projector" under File. Didn't work for me, but that's how it's done AFAIK.

Comment

• I got this:
        Code:
        $ dd if=Machinarium of=Machinarium.swf ibs=1 skip=$(grep -abo FWS Machinarium|cut -f1 -d:|tail -1)
        dd: invalid number `'
        BTW: why there's such a difference in speed between fullscreen and windowed modes? I experience the same in YouTube - in windowed mode it's smooth, in fullscreen all the interface lags.

Comment

• Originally posted by m_gol View Post
          I got this:
          Code:
          $ dd if=Machinarium of=Machinarium.swf ibs=1 skip=$(grep -abo FWS Machinarium|cut -f1 -d:|tail -1)
          dd: invalid number `'
          Looks like you didn't run in it in the same folder as the Machinarium executable (offset is null).

Comment

• Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
            Looks like you didn't run in it in the same folder as the Machinarium executable (offset is null).
            Yes, a stupid mistake on my side... Anyway, I just finished Machinarium and, just as I predicted, it's not long, but it's really addictive and beautiful (both graphics and sound are amazing!). A sense of humour is advised.

One question: should it end with a simple black screen with only "Amanita Design" text in the middle (the only possible actions seem to be load and quit, I don't see any "main menu" or "new game" options there) or is something wrong?

OK, two questions: why there's written in a game (in "about" section) that for the best performance one should... disable hardware acceleration? Seems counterintuitive to me...

Comment

• Everybody should applaud now! Well done Q!

Comment

• From the Humble Bundle twitter:

I wonder if we can break $1,000,000? If so, I am working on something pretty cool to celebrate. http://humblebundle.com
                I wonder what it is...

Comment

• Originally posted by KameZero View Post
                  From the Humble Bundle twitter:

I wonder what it is...
                  It's a promo for Bundle #3!

Comment

• Braid got an update today:

Changes since original build:
                    - Added support for systems without S3TC support.
                    - Added support for PowerPC and 64-bit Intel Macs.
                    - Added support for amd64 Linux systems.
                    - Possibly fixed never-ending black screen that some Mac players experienced.
                    - Now attempts to choose correct language at startup, if a translation is available, on both Mac and Linux.
                    - Added notes on useful command line options to Linux README.

working fine under fedora 14 64bit!

Comment

• New builds of Braid and Cortex Command address (almost) all the complaints so far (S3TC, installer error, intel64, readme). "Ultrapolling" mouse is still broken in Cortex Command, but the workaround is easy so no biggie for now. Good job on the new build Svartalf! Good improvement on the documentation icculus (can't say more unfortunately as the new build introduces a fatal bug).

Comment

Working...
                      X