No announcement yet.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought the bundle! All the games run well in Linux and thank you whoever did the Braid port, works flawlessly on my 64-bit Arch system (with 32-bit libraries installed, obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
      makomk and the others: you'll have to compile mesa with libtxc_dxtn like I did in order to get the S3TC extension. Your distro won't have that.
      Like I said, it doesn't work with r600.

It only works using the r300 driver.

Comment

Small update to my last post since I can't edit: it seems that the 32bit version of Cortex Command works, Braid is only offered in 32bit and doesn't work with r300g, and finally, people are trying to advertise through the Top Contributors list. That's hilarious!!
        There's an issue that showed up as we were pushing the game out.

If you're running 64-bits, you will only get the game to work on AMD- there's something "off" with 64-bits and Intel and ONLY Intel. I'm looking into it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by StringCheesian View Post
          I'm told by a long time Cortex Command beta tester that this is an old and relatively common problem seen in the Windows version too. He says restarting the game or reinstalling it almost always fixes it. It's supposed to be very rare - most testers don't encounter it.
          Heh... It seems to be consistent. Trying to see if it's Allegro that's screwing it up or if it's something else. It only happens if you're using an Intel in 64-bit mode.

Comment

Originally posted by themel View Post
            I'll bet that it is a misuse of strcpy on overlapping strings. Here's why - I started it and got exactly your error. Then I went on to strace CortexCommand.bin, and found that it looks for Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text.mpp and Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text000.bmp. I took it upon myself to create copies of all the bitmaps with 000 suffixes, and that worked a couple of times until it tried to access Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/brownuii.bmp - which probably should be browngui.bmp.
            Heh... You're thinking the same thing I am. I'm looking at his code and the Allegro code to ensure it's not there and if so fix it. I just was busy with the day job yesterday... Tonight's a differing story and I'm hoping there'll be a fix. If so, I'll see what I can do to get the updates out to them or provide a way to obtain the updated 64-bit binary. I just wish this had not showed up at the last moment like it did on us.

Comment

Regarding Mojo: it seems that the problem is only with Cortex Command. The error is "Failed to install desktop menu item" (which really shouldn't be a fatal error).
              Distro please? I've beaten and beaten on that install bundle and it should've put a menu item in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                There's an issue that showed up as we were pushing the game out.

If you're running 64-bits, you will only get the game to work on AMD- there's something "off" with 64-bits and Intel and ONLY Intel. I'm looking into it right now.
                Uhhhh, are you talking about Braid or Cortex Command? Because those both work on my 64 bit Arch system.....

Edit: Cortex Command didn't give me a menu item either, but the installer didn't error out so... I can make my own menu item I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
                  Uhhhh, are you talking about Braid or Cortex Command? Because those both work on my 64 bit Arch system.....

Edit: Cortex Command didn't give me a menu item either, but the installer didn't error out so... I can make my own menu item I guess?
                  Cortex Command. I'm the guilty party there...

Yeah, you could. I'm just frustrated on the menu entry thing and the last minute oddity with some 64-bit machines- and want them FIXED...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Cortex Command. I'm the guilty party there...

Yeah, you could. I'm just frustrated on the menu entry thing and the last minute oddity with some 64-bit machines- and want them FIXED...
                    Meh, half the time installers don't give me menu items anyway

But you said it affected ALL intel 64 bit machines so... I guess it's just MOST?

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
                      Meh, half the time installers don't give me menu items anyway

But you said it affected ALL intel 64 bit machines so... I guess it's just MOST?
                      Many and only Intel as best as we can tell. Later on versions of the libc runtime apparently added something Intel-specific that's biting me on the backside here and giving me egg-on-face- the info from the people here in the forum's leading me to just precisely where to look and fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X