Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ranguvar View Post
    Personally, I don't mind that.
    If someone wants to drop a few hundred towards these indie devs and some charities in return for a URL in a list, I'm all for it
    Yes, I don't mind either, and it's nice of them to donate such big sums. The only problem is that people will see the very large contributions and decide to "balance things out" by paying less. The linux average has gone down by about 50? since I got my bundle :-|. Maybe the Top Contributors list should be displayed at the end of the sale only.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
      and Braid apparently gives a cryptic message about a missing OpenGL Extension (haven't been able to download this one yet).
      Most people that are hitting this have s3tc support disabled in their video drivers, which means they can't run most modern video games. Use driconf to turn it on, I've been told.

Most of the other problems seem to be video drivers that fail on Braid's shaders. I think we'll shake these issues out over time, but I suppose the bulk of that work falls on the backs of the driver teams.

Also, the Mojo(?) installer fails and reverts everything if the install path contains spaces.
      I don't know what anything but Braid is doing for installation, but I just installed it to "/home/icculus/Braid With Spaces" and it installed, ran, and uninstalled just fine.

If you're having an install failure with MojoSetup, though, please email me and we'll figure out what's going wrong: [email protected]

--ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by icculus View Post
        Most people that are hitting this have s3tc support disabled in their video drivers, which means they can't run most modern video games. Use driconf to turn it on, I've been told.

Most of the other problems seem to be video drivers that fail on Braid's shaders. I think we'll shake these issues out over time, but I suppose the bulk of that work falls on the backs of the driver teams.

I don't know what anything but Braid is doing for installation, but I just installed it to "/home/icculus/Braid With Spaces" and it installed, ran, and uninstalled just fine.

If you're having an install failure with MojoSetup, though, please email me and we'll figure out what's going wrong: [email protected]

--ryan.
        Thank you for gifting me the last bundle. This time I was able to buy it by myself

Comment

Originally posted by icculus View Post
          Doesn't work for the r600 driver, I just get a GPU hang on starting the game. Oh well, at least I can still run the Windows version under Wine...

Comment

r600 does not support s3tc at all at this moment.

Proprietary patent trolling FTW!

Comment

In fact, the Linux versions of the games I've tried so far have been rather poor. Braid won't even start due to the aforementioned S3TC issues, Osmos fails to load its font and won't display any text, and Machinarium's mouse support is so broken as to be unusable.

Comment

It would certainly be nice if these projects get open sourced so that these issues may be resolved. I gather the developers are also listening for feedback though so let's give closed source a chance.

Comment

Still no worky, no matter how many times I reinstall it. There are only two two other reports of this error (that I can find quickly), and they're both related to the Humble Bundle linux version. Also, like I mentioned, the 32bit version works fine, but not the 64bit one (both persons in the links also use 64bit).
                  I'll bet that it is a misuse of strcpy on overlapping strings. Here's why - I started it and got exactly your error. Then I went on to strace CortexCommand.bin, and found that it looks for Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text.mpp and Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text000.bmp. I took it upon myself to create copies of all the bitmaps with 000 suffixes, and that worked a couple of times until it tried to access Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/brownuii.bmp - which probably should be browngui.bmp.

Comment

Originally posted by themel View Post
                    I'll bet that it is a misuse of strcpy on overlapping strings. Here's why - I started it and got exactly your error. Then I went on to strace CortexCommand.bin, and found that it looks for Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text.mpp and Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text000.bmp. I took it upon myself to create copies of all the bitmaps with 000 suffixes, and that worked a couple of times until it tried to access Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/brownuii.bmp - which probably should be browngui.bmp.
                    Good info, thanks. Can you please report this on the game's forums, to help the devs fix the issue?

Originally posted by icculus
                    ...stuff...
                    Thanks for clarifying the issue, icculus. I recompiled mesa with libtxc_dxtn support, and the game now works in windowed mode (in fullscreen it fails with error "Failed to initialize OpenGL display").

makomk and the others: you'll have to compile mesa with libtxc_dxtn like I did in order to get the S3TC extension. Your distro won't have that.

Regarding Mojo: it seems that the problem is only with Cortex Command. The error is "Failed to install desktop menu item" (which really shouldn't be a fatal error).

Also icculus, are you going to release a 64bit version of Braid sometime?

Comment

Originally posted by makomk View Post
                      Osmos fails to load its font and won't display any text
                      The font is broken and won't work with freetype >= 2.4.3. The devs have known about it since October; looks like they didn't manage to fix it in time for the bundle. To work around it for now, just replace the font with something that works (DejaVuSans seems to fit pretty well).

Comment

Working...
                      X