No announcement yet.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a curios thing going on, first was that build24 online, then the new version linked with the name b24-12162010 instead of build24 and now the old version is linked again. When modify your dl url you will get the update. Hopefully the update is linked again soon by default.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
      There is a curios thing going on, first was that build24 online, then the new version linked with the name b24-12162010 instead of build24 and now the old version is linked again. When modify your dl url you will get the update. Hopefully the update is linked again soon by default.
      Thank you. I managed to get and correctly install the new build with your information .

Thank you also Svartalf!

Comment

• Originally posted by jophos View Post
        It seems that the answer has been given while I was fumbling at the keyboard.
        Heh... Sometimes that happens within this community.

ETA: 1 min edit rule is quite harsh.
        It's VERY annoying and almost does nothing to keep the spammers out (they keep posting crap from time to time anyhow...).

Comment

• It's nice seeing you provide support here in the forum thread, but are there any official support channels for the games? And how will customers get updated releases of the games once the bundle sale is over?

Comment

• Originally posted by wea0 View Post
            It's nice seeing you provide support here in the forum thread, but are there any official support channels for the games? And how will customers get updated releases of the games once the bundle sale is over?
            In the case of my game, the official support channel would be over at Data Realms' site. I'll be setting up shop over there shortly for things related to the game.

As for updates, you'll be able to at least be able to download it from the Humble Bundle site and probably, depending on the game, at the respective studio's sites. I'm not sure how Daniel's going to do it right at the moment- but you'll be able to get it from the means you're getting it now for a while yet to come.

Comment

• As an update...the correct binaries are back available from the Humble Bundle download cloud. They were accidentally backed out to the prior version...but they're supposed to be corrected now.

Comment

• I'm also getting the weird mouse issue with Cortex Command but only on one system. I couldn't find any logs for it.

Otherwise all other games play nice on a 64bit system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  I'm going to share my observations on things here looking at what's proposed on this link...

Let me find out what turning it off that way does for things before I tell you an actual course of action.
                  I'm unbelievably grateful for your help so far, and I'm just checking back to see if you've come up with anything.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by storma View Post
                    I'm also getting the weird mouse issue with Cortex Command but only on one system. I couldn't find any logs for it.

Otherwise all other games play nice on a 64bit system.
                    Do this as root:
                    Code:
                    echo 8 > /sys/module/usbhid/parameters/mousepoll
                    Then unplug & replug your mouse (yes, it's necessary). Works for me.

New problem with Cortex Command.. Game crashes randomly (as far as I can tell) during play.

Attempting to start PulseAudio sound driver
                    Initialized sound against PulseAudio sound driver.
                    [Error] OpenAL Error: Invalid Value.
                    Aborted
                    Using OpenAL-Soft 1.12.854 and Ubuntu's maverick version of pulseaudio.

Comment

• Happens with the shipped version of libopenal.so.1 as well.

This crashes the game 100% of the time (on my system):
                      Start the tutorial, select a body, pick up the light digger, and jetpack to the beach on the left. If it hasn't crashed by now, dig a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X